We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Communications SpecialistJoin our global communications team where we’re reimagining communications and putting our people first as we enhance and protect our brand and corporate reputation. Our company’s mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. As a communications team we are creative-minded, customer-centric, and data-driven. Our wide range of work includes media relations, creative content, new channel development and optimization, public affairs, and employee communications.
This role is focused on accelerating top communications talent and will work across a dynamic team of communications and public relations leaders, supporting high profile reputation campaigns, including the company’s leadership on inclusion and sustainability. The position and its activities were created to build a pipeline for leadership roles across global communications at Mastercard. The individual selected will collaborate across regions and across departments in the organization, gaining valuable experience and exposure to different Mastercard teams. This communications specialist will assist the senior vice president of communications and the global communications team with day-to-day activities managing the reputation of Mastercard.
• Act as project coordinator between the executive, internal, and external teams on priority programs
• Assist team with coordinating various media requests to support executive visibility
• Assist team in managing the Mastercard global communications’ social media account, including monitoring and drafting tweets
• Opportunity to pitch stories and write various types of content, from social shorts to media materials and perspectives pieces
• Plan and facilitate external and internal events
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with global communications, marketing and finance teams and their respective agencies and consultants
• Day to day lead for media monitoring and daily clippings
• Manage multiple projects as assigned
All About You
• Passion for communications and digital/social media innovation
• Creative thinker, yet execution oriented
• Outstanding interpersonal, leadership, and communications skills
• Excellent planning experience, strong project management and organizational skills
• Unwavering attention to detail
• Proactive — you see “around the corner” and take initiative to add value to projects
• Calm under pressure and solution focused when unforeseen circumstances arise
• Thrive working with others in a team setting to accomplish shared goals
• Excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Strong writer and poised communicator with polished presence
• Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English / Journalism, Media Studies, Digital Media, Public Relations, Advertising or MarketingDue to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Job posted: 2021-03-24