The Communications Specialist helps create and coordinate integrated marketing and communication materials that effectively portray and promote the organization and its mission with a focus on reputational management. This role will also assist in the development and execution of the organization’s overall marketing strategies.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes the tasks of researching, writing, editing and publishing Goodwill’s story of our impact that focuses on our mission and performance.
- Builds a general awareness of the benefits of supportive programs with the intent of increasing public support and funding for the expansion of these programs and services.
- Helps create content for social media, newsletters, annual report, and other special projects.
- Maximizes opportunities to be featured in various types of media.
- Writes and distributes press releases, media pitches, etc.
- Optimizes website content for internet search engines, as well as keeping the public informed.
- Educates staff members on communication processes and assist with internal communications.
- Supports organizational events, promotions, trainings, services, etc.
- Maintains organization’s speaker’s bureau and coordinates speaking engagements for executive leaders.
- Complies with all agency policies, procedures, and safety standards throughout all work areas; maintains same to meet CARF, Department of Labor, and other regulatory standards.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Execute plans to completion and on time.
- Ability to make sounds decisions with sometimes little supervision.
- Coordinate and edit the work of others.
- Respond effectively and efficiently to inquiries or complaints.
- Work in a collaborative environment; freely give and receive feedback.
- Adapt quickly to change; operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Travel locally as required.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Video and photography skills a plus.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field. Minimum experience of three years in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or Development.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-13