Ensuring human comfort, productivity, and safety while practicing environmental stewardship is the mission of the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI). Through our certification program, standards, advocacy, and other activities, we strive to help save energy, improve productivity, and ensure a better environment.
AHRI has an opening for a Communications Specialist with our Public Affairs team. The Communications Specialist provides support for a variety of AHRI’s Public Affairs functions, including developing newsletters and press releases, and facilitating social media and marketing campaigns. Duties are as follows:
- Proof and/or write press releases, newsletter articles, publications, and marketing messages
- Facilitate the production and distribution of multiple AHRI newsletters, and serve as the point of contact for subscription queries, technical issues, and reports
- Oversee content management platforms and maintain training on these programs
- Assist with the production of marketing materials for all AHRI events and trade shows
- Support AHRI advertising and ensure ads are submitted according to deadlines
- Monitor and post content across all AHRI social media channels daily; develop graphics and produce or edit short videos as needed
- Produce a monthly social media performance report
- Make suggestions for improved web communications and web content
- Maintain AHRI’s communications calendars and keep all tasks on schedule
- Manage the mobile app for AHRI meetings, including vendor communication, app upgrades, and functionality
- Any other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, journalism, public relations, or related field from an accredited college/university
- Two to four years of related experience in a communications position with similar and/or progressive tasks as outlined in this description
- Experience using the following software programs: Zoom, Hootsuite, Canva, Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with a content management system and video editing
AHRI offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package including employer contributions to 401(k) and Roth(k) plans in a friendly work environment. The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $55,000.
AHRI is actively recruiting during COVID-19. While we are currently teleworking and offer a flexible workplace option to qualifying staff members, the candidate for this position must be available to report to work in our Arlington, VA headquarters as needed or when we resume business as usual.
AHRI does not discriminate and will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, military service, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or differing ability as those terms are defined under applicable law in its selection, recruitment, or employment practices.
This position does not offer employment-based visa sponsorship and/or assistance to include H1B, F1-OPT, or F1-CPT visas.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ahricareers.org. If you require assistance with completing the application process, please call 703-293-4868.
NO RECRUITERS, PLEASE.
Job posted: 2021-06-01