Full Job Description
New Paradigm Agency, a D.C.-based communications and public affairs consulting firm, is seeking a resourceful and organized Communications Specialist with strong writing, digital, research, and interpersonal skills to join our team.
A firm rooted in politics, public affairs, and campaigns, New Paradigm executes rapid-response style communications in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Candidates must have the ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, interface with clients, and balance multiple projects at once.
They should possess at least 3-4 years of experience and demonstrated oral and written communication skills, digital expertise, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, and sound political instincts. To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to jobs @npagency.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Draft and edit communications and digital copy (e.g. press releases, e-mails, media advisories, opinion pieces, social media content)
- Organize, implement, and monitor social media campaigns
- Manage client relationships and day-to-day client needs
- Manage client portfolios and develop and implement strategic communications plans
- Organize logistics on behalf of press conferences and events
- Pitch national and local reporters stories and upcoming client events
- Conduct issue-specific research
- Monitor, collect, and organize daily press clips and social media activity
- 3-4 years communications experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort interfacing with clients and members of the media
- Attention to detail and time management
- Commitment to progressive causes and issues
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Paid vacation/sick days
- Competitive salary offered based upon experience
New Paradigm Agency is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Job posted: 2021-07-18