Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
We are seeking a Communications Specialist to support a well-known Foundation with offices in New York, NY and Washington, DC. As a Communications Specialist, you will support leadership, team members and partners with excellent, strategic communications and advocacy inputs that advance the program’s goals. You will work across workstreams, including data product development and advocacy and partnerships (including engagement with global leadership, private and public sector partners), as well as liaising with the Foundation’s Communications, Policy & Advocacy team to support seamless, swift high quality execution of communications and advocacy outputs.
The Communications Specialist will coordinate, implement and manage work in media relations, brand management, digital communications, and stakeholder engagement. Key responsibilities include day to day management of a media and event, editorial and product-specific and advocacy calendars and work flows, with specific tasks including developing, editing and managing revision of documents, social media posts, meeting notes and more.
Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
- With the Director and Managing Director, create and manage an effective project management system to ensure that key events, activities, milestones and deliverables for priority projects are being proactively tracked and managed, ensuring a hands-on approach to problem-solving in order to deliver timely and effective results.
- With the Director and Managing Director, write and edit core materials including messaging, press releases, talking points and blog posts.
- Collaborate with and counsel vendors on the Foundation’s vision and objectives.
- Oversee and contribute to the development, research, and writing of briefings for media opportunities and events.
- Work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders and core grantees ensuring positive cooperation and relations are always maintained.
Communications Specialist Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, international studies or a related field.
- 5 years generalist communications experience in the public, private or social good space with deep awareness of current affairs and development trends.
- Strong demonstrated experience and proficiency with media relations.
- Demonstrated successful project management skills including managing vendors and budgets.
- Experience addressing issues in the innovative finance, and equity & economic opportunity space a plus.
- Experience and familiarity with non-profit/public sector.
Qualified candidates should apply below AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-02