Communications Specialist: Content Writer
Born digital, Axos Bank has reinvented the banking model and grown to nearly $11.8 billion in assets since our founding in 2000. With a broad and ever-growing range of financial products, Axos Bank is rated among the top 5 digital banks in the country! Axos Financial is our holding company and publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “AX (NYSE: AX).
We bring together human insight and digital expertise to anticipate the needs of our customers. Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
Our Communications Team is seeking a Content Writer. This communications specialist will report directly to the Content Manager and support our Marketing and Communications Teams by writing content for web pages, emails, advice articles, blog posts, mobile app screens, print ads, video scripts, and flyers. We are looking for a self-starter and team player who is eager to learn with extensive writing skills, and ideally has exposure to financial services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce well-researched, well-written content for digital and print
- Draw on industry best practices, current events and trends, customer needs, and company objectives to generate ideas for engaging content
- Ensure consistency of brand voice and tone
- Monitor, analyze, and offer improvement suggestions for key performance indicators (KPIs) such as pageviews, time on page, and social engagement metrics.
- Complete drafts/edits of content or finished projects within deadlines
- Work closely with marketing specialists, business unit leaders and members of the communications team
- Manage and track multiple projects while juggling shifting priorities
Key Skill Sets or Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Strong written and oral communication skills with expert knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and writing best practices
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Comfortable working independently and meeting tight writing deadlines
- Project management experience with the ability to prioritize work demands with frequently changing priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of consumer vs. business content writing
- Familiarity with CMS and AP Stylebooks
- Ability to work collaboratively and support the team
Desired Career Experience & Education Requirements:
- College degree in related field and/or professional certification
- 3+ years’ writing content for digital and print media
- Experience writing a mix of marketing emails, advertising copy, web pages, video scripts, and professional blog posts or news articles
- Proven track record of writing and researching a variety of topics
- Exceptionally high-quality communication standards and attention to detail
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Financial services industry
- Writing about small business banking, consumer deposits, and financial topics
- Business journalism
- Video creation
Apply directly for consideration as we are not using any outside agencies for any of our openings
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
All offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a credit check, criminal background check, and pre-employment drug screening, which includes screening for marijuana. Axos Bank is a federally regulated banking institution. At the federal level, marijuana is an illegal schedule 1 drug; therefore, we will not employ any person who tests positive for marijuana, regardless of state legalization.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axos Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Functions and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating standard office equipment such as computer keyboard and mouse, calculator, telephone, copiers, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-01