Communications Specialist, Corporate Communications
T-Mobile is the nation’s supercharged Un-carrier and the fastest growing U.S. wireless company, thanks to an unwavering obsession with customer experience and breaking from tired industry norms. This company has changed wireless for good and now, after our merger with Sprint, we are going even bigger!
We’re a tight knit team of a fierce few fighting hard against infinitely better resourced competitors. The way we make news is in line with how we approach doing business – we set our own rules, move fast, aim to be unpredictable, are transparent and don’t put up with BS. Like our style? We’re looking for a new corporate communications and brand reputation rock star to join us!
As Communications Specialist, Corporate Communications and Brand Reputation, you will work alongside a kick-ass team of PR pros and leaders to support our Brand Reputation PR function responsible for promoting T-Mobile’s Diversity Equity & Inclusion and Corporate Social Responsibility commitments, as well as our amazing great place to work awards programs that shine a light on T-Mobile as one of the nation’s favorite employers.
What you’ll do in your role.
- Support comms plans driving an annual drumbeat of PR, amplifying news moments and evergreen storytelling across a range of initiatives, including T-Mobile’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion ambitions related to workplace culture among others.
- Proactively partner with partners across HR and internal comms on our great place to work awards, including announcement planning, helping with submission development, and tracking.
- Provide cross-team project support as needed, including development of key messages, scripts, Q&As, press releases and other materials for activities from across the Brand Reputation PR team.
- And MORE!
The experience you’ll bring.
- 2-3 years of experience working at a PR/marketing agency or in-house comms team
- Understanding of and experience working with media
- Comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver results under pressure and a non-traditional work schedule
- Strong communication skills including writing, editing, proofreading
- Vigilant attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to adhere to tight timelines and schedules
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally within an organization to get results
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with meticulous calendar management
- High energy and deeply dedicated to generating great results
- Confidence to share opinions and suggest improvements
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation; fast-thinking and can pivot on a dime.
- Ability to work independently but also proactively communicates and manages up effectively
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a bias towards action; takes initiative rather than waiting for direction
- Excellent follow-through skills – you do what you say you’ll do and dot the i’s.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, upbeat attitude, high integrity, team player
Job posted: 2020-11-21