Communications Specialist – Culture and Employee Engagement
The Communications Specialist is passionate about employee experience, is a skilled and strategic storyteller, and brings an entrepreneurial spirit to their work. They thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and thrive by encouraging two-way communication, building trust and promoting positive culture.
One part of a large, dynamic team of communicators, the Communications Specialist is skilled at building relationships across departments and functions and enjoys working collaboratively to define strategy and success for the organization.
The incumbent sees opportunity in ambiguity and drives outcomes with speed and thoughtfulness. The Communications Specialist sees the communications role as dynamic. The right candidate appreciates innovation, looks for ways to positively impact workplace culture, and always has an eye on improving team member experience.
Expect rewarding work in helping advance an important mission, and a chance to grow and change within an industry-leading organization.
Partner across the organization to determine strategy, plan, and measure Gain insight of stakeholders, issues, communication trends and environmental considerations.
- Understand core organizational strategies and business needs as well as owned and partner brands
- Understand core audiences and channels
- Understand communications best practices
- Gather appropriate data and information from disparate sources
Develop strategies for internal/external communications and leverage key insights and functional expertise.
- Identify communication tactics for specific business partner needs or initiatives
- Identify opportunities to foster employee, physician and community engagement
- Use consistent processes, templates and tools to execute plans
Create communications that achieve results.
- Produce content for electronic and print publication
- Create and update web content
- Coordinate high-touch communication tactics like employee forums, leader rounding, community events
- Monitor effectiveness of all communication tactics and adjust approaches as needed
- Track expenses and ensure projects are within budget
- Develop and foster relationships with colleagues
Evaluate communication performance (effectiveness and efficiency).
- Measure desired outcomes
- Apply learnings to planning process
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, organizational psychology or related field.
- 3 years of experience in strategic/corporate communications, public affairs, human resources or related field.
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in a highly diverse, 10,000+ employee organizations with multiple locations.
- Corporate communications and health care experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite, Internet authoring tools, desktop publishing tools.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-15