Communications Specialist – French/Creole Fluency
MetroStar Systems is looking for a Communications Specialist that is fluent in Creole or French and is passionate about being part of a team to deliver education technology solutions to international clients.
If you want to join a company that values your French or Creole communication skills, writing skills, and are open to commuting to Washington, DC and occasional travel to client site, we want you to work for MetroStar!
You’re a great fit if:
- You use Microsoft Office, Zoom, and Camtasia to provide training to others in French or Creole
- You like Training users on new technology
- You enjoy working in a professional team environment
- You’re passionate about accurate translation and have training experience
You’ll love our Communications Specialist Position if: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 3 or more years of experience with Microsoft office and Learning management systems (i.e., Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard, etc.)
- You have a minimum of 1 year of experience delivering training to users on a variety of technologies
- You speak French or Creole fluently and can translate back and forth to an English speaking technical team.
We’ll REALLY love you if: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have a Bachelors Degree or higher in International Relations, Political Science or similar field
- You have an interest in Ge- Politics and or experience in a related field
- You have experience with Open source learning management systems
- You have knowledge of the Caribbean region
- You have experience supporting international law enforcement agencies
What your day will look like:
- You’ll work with our technical writer and project managers to do provide translation, training, and technical support to our stakeholders through virtual meetings.
- You’ll provide day-to-day support of virtual training sessions with classroom multimedia systems
The Admin Stuff:
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
The Legal Stuff:
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-11