Communications Specialist – Government Contracting
Delaney Advantage Technologies, LLC, is a Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) that specializes in sustainable Information Technology solutions for the Federal government. Our team provides experience-based solutions across our four core competencies: Cybersecurity, Software Services, System & Network Engineering, and IT Operations & Maintenance.
Would you like to work for a company where your opinion is valued, and you have direct access to the senior leaders of the organization?
Join a diverse community of smart, highly-motivated colleagues who thrive on new challenges and are at the top of their career. Take pride in a culture that promotes sustainability and works in a setting where employees can achieve their goals. We’re Information Technology (IT) professionals, but we’re people first, and the Delaney Difference starts with OUR PEOPLE. Energy, passion, and creativity define us.
We’re seeking a highly-skilled Communications Specialist to support our company’s capabilities in Washington, D.C. Please see the Requirements, Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities of the position below.
Job Category: Professional Services
Position Title: Communications Specialist – Government Contracting
Location: Washington, D.C.
- Capture Management Assist with government opportunities and help develop a strategy and aid in developing proposal strategies
- Contract Management Support contract administration with effective communication, both oral and written, and project management skills
- Content Management Oversee or assist with the content presented on company websites and materials; responsible for creating, editing, posting, and updating
- Administrative Duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ professional experience as a Communications Specialist
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or related field preferred.
- Prior Experience with Government Contracting
- Prior Business Development Experience Researching new opportunities and responding to RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs.
- Prior Proposal Writing Experience
- Prior Contract and Acquisition Management Compliance and Reporting Activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and can pass a background investigation.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical users.
- Interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while managing internal and external customer expectations.
- Time management skills with the ability to set and balance priorities and remain focused within a rigorous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress tolerance.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others.
- Proven ability to develop a strategy as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present to all levels of IT, internal staff, and management.
- Must have attention to detail and the capability to effectively document details of completed work
Delaney Advantage Technologies, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of political affiliation, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or other non-merit factors. Delaney Advantage Technologies seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-14