Communications Specialist – Graphics
Communications Specialist – Graphics
In this exciting role at our Washington, D.C.-based, trade association, we are looking for a driven, creative and digitally forward-thinking person to join our communications team. At the forefront of our reputation management strategy, we work to build and maintain Farm Credit’s reputation in Washington, D.C. and across the country. This position plays an important role in execution of this strategy by creating the imagery and graphics that keep our social media campaigns fresh and our collateral materials engaging. The person in this role also supports our website, meetings and events, and membership. Applicants should bring a fresh perspective, initiative and a detail-oriented approach to work every day.
- Work with other members of the digital team to create exciting and engaging graphics and imagery for all @FarmCredit channels.
- Design content for marketing materials, sponsored events and www.FarmCredit.com.
- Manage the national brand standards and ensure brand consistency across multiple platforms.
- Design and maintain factsheets demonstrating Farm Credit’s impact across the country.
- Update and maintain pages across www.FarmCredit.com.
- Design and implement engaging user experiences and collateral for Farm Credit meetings.
- Coordinate communications to a variety of audiences and report on metrics.
- Update membership information to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate with vendors where necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Graphic Design.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing and communications.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or creating graphics required.
- Experience with website management (Drupal, WordPress and/or equivalent) preferred.
- Knowledge of how to optimize graphics for maximum engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn required.
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends and best practices in digital/social media – not just personally, but professionally representing a brand, organization or company voice.
- Knowledge of the Congress, the administration and the political process preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail & high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Maintains confidentiality as required and supports the core values and mission of the organization.
- Position may require minimal travel (once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted).
An Overview of Farm Credit Council
The Farm Credit Council is the national trade association representing Farm Credit System institutions before Congress, the Executive Branch and others. The Council provides the mechanism for member grassroots involvement in the development of positions and policies with respect to federal legislation and government actions that impact Farm Credit.
Farm Credit has a mission to support rural communities and agriculture with reliable, competitive credit and financial services, today and tomorrow. Learn more about Farm Credit at www.farmcredit.com.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- 90% employer paid health insurance options
- 10+ paid holidays annually
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Generous 401k matching and other benefits
- Collaborative and welcoming work environment
Farm Credit Council is an equal opportunity employer. We value inclusivity and strive to build a culture that encourages, supports and celebrates a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2021-08-21