Communications Specialist III
Senior Communications Specialist – Office of CEO
Our Senior Communications Specialist – Office of CEO, must be a strong team player, a learner, and self-motivated to help Benefitfocus achieve success. This individual will work within a cross-functional team, comprised of peers, senior leaders and executives. The individual in this role must have strength and proficiency in internal and external executive communications, events and event project management, as well as demonstrated success in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments.
The focus internally is to serve as the lead communications resource to support the CEO. This entails directly leading and/or supporting all communications from the Office of the CEO, including community engagement and content development across channels and groups, such as Yammer; develop keynote speeches, presentations, event and campaign-related communications plans and corresponding messaging; manage and support other executive-level communications, such as customer presentations, board of directors presentations, etc.; and assist in developing and writing organizational communications plans.
The focus externally will be to: collaborate with the PR/media team in the development and writing of press releases, blogs and by-lined articles, including topic development, quotes and content; partner with marketing and sales teams to ensure event support, communications and messaging is aligned to plan; participate in developing and supporting Office of the CEO social media engagement plans across platforms.
The role requires a high-level understanding of business strategy, complex and integrated communications strategy, and plan implementation. This position has significant growth opportunity for a candidate to leverage their internal and external communications skills, and offers visibility across the company.
- Support Office of the CEO end-to-end communications, from strategic communications planning to execution, adjustment and measurement
- Write, edit and review internal and external communications across the organization, including but not limited to presentations, speaker notes, newsletters, blogs, social media content and emails
- Partner with internal communications, marketing and Executive PMO team to ensure content and messaging are aligned with organizational and operational business goals
- Assist with internal and external communication efforts and coordinate with cross-company stakeholders
- Support in the planning, creation and execution of executive and group communications including Benefitfocus strategic plan initiatives, town halls, marketing campaigns, organizational announcements, celebrations, executive meetings and corporate events
- Assist in coordinating, writing, editing and cataloging cross-functional crisis communications
- Develop presentation frameworks, graphics and concepts, and research and implement new forms of communication vehicles
- Support additional projects and initiatives as they arise
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field is highly preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience supporting C-suite executives
- Experience within the IT and Health Care industry a plus
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook). Strong PowerPoint design skills; InDesign skills a plus
- Strong social media skillset, including social media strategy setting, enterprise social media experience using Yammer
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize to meet multiple deadlines, take initiative to follow-through, and escalate as appropriate
- Accept coaching and feedback and adjust accordingly
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-19