Communications Specialist (Level III)
Redhorse Corporation is currently seeking a Communication Specialist – Level III for a proposal to join our team to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Services (SETA) to the Joint Artificial Center (JAIC) Missions Directorate. The Missions Directorate is tasked with direction / synchronization of efforts to modernize the DoD with AI. The work location for this position is in the National Capital Region (NCR) with the possibility of up to 25% travel.
Major Duties for the Communications Specialist – Level III include but are not limited to:
- Support the development of written material in support of a variety of program and performance management initiatives. Provide editorial and written support for senior leadership.
- Assist with the development of correspondence, to include issuances, e.g., directives, manuals, guides, memorandums, etc., information memorandums, action memorandums, memorandums for the record, and executive correspondence.
- Edit incoming and outgoing information to ensure strict conformance to U.S. Government, DoD, and command formatting, grammatical construction, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling rules
- Support communications initiatives targeted at employees and other internal stakeholders
- Contribute to communications strategies, write and update web content, prepare executive talking points and other executives’ communications
- Plan and execute periodic events and information sessions for JAIC workforce, including identifying the topics, handling all event logistics, preparing presentation materials, and marketing the event
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or related field.
- A range of 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with engaging with media members and outlets and securing media placements
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment as an agile member of a team
- Proficiency in AP style preferred
- An active Secret security clearance is required for this role. Jobseekers who do not possess an active Secret security clearance will not be considered.
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-14