Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications Specialist, Mid
Support communication and outreach with the execution of comprehensive communications plans and social marketing initiatives in support of the client mission. Measure the client’s strategic communications plan’s effectiveness and develop and distribute monthly communications performance measures which include analysis of website analytics, media, and external engagements.
Monitor client audiences and partners for chatter, develop and distribute a daily media watch, and develop reporter profiles in advance of client interviews.
Manage client website content and develop new content, website mockups, and obtain client approval and prioritization. Conceptualize, develop content, and work with a graphic artist to design multi-media marketing collateral, including slick sheets, trifolds, information papers, educational materials, web content, and other communication materials to market prevention, victim assistance, assessment, oversight, retaliation, and policy efforts. Implement and maintain client provided common brand throughout all print, audiovisual, and electronic media and provide advice on appearance and messaging to ensure cohesion. Develop and maintain document templates employing branding for posting on SharePoint, including PowerPoint slides, report and document covers, report pages, websites, and materials. This position is a hybrid role with a combination of working at a Booz Allen office or client site and working remotely.
- 5+ years of experience with communications
- 2+ years of experience with consulting
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and consulting in collaborative sessions and peer reviews
- Experience working within DoD community
- Knowledge of issues facing DoD community
- Ability to thrive in a changing, fast-paced environment as a self-starter and multi-tasker
- Ability to conduct analyses and data gathering
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of sexual assault prevention and response programs and messaging
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
Job posted: 2022-09-04