Communications Specialist – Public Affairs
USAID’s Bureau for Management (M Bureau) executes the management platform for the United States Agency for International Development through oversight of financial management, acquisition and assistance, management policy, operational expense budget, information technology, and real estate and management services. M Bureau is also coordinating the agency-wide restructuring.
Through a matrixed management approach, this position is located within the Bureau for Management, Office of Management Policy, Budget, and Performance (M/MPBP), but would directly support the Critical Coordination Structure (CCS) within the Bureau for Management, Office of Management Services (M/MS). M/MS provides logistical support and administrative services in Washington, DC and worldwide. Within M/MS, the CCS elevates the profile of and senior leadership engagement with continuity of operations (COOP), emergency management, readiness, and taskforce oversight for the agency. The CCS works closely with M Bureau and agency leadership on the aforementioned priorities, including supporting the agency in achieving the Journey to Self-Reliance, Transformation objectives, interpreting and integrating federal and agency policies, OMB guidance, and regulations.
This Communications Specialist position focuses heavily on providing digital, graphic design, and internet webpage support. Best suited candidates meet the following qualifications and would execute the listed responsibilities.
- Assist with developing and coordinating long and short narrative content related to COOP, emergency management, readiness, and taskforce oversight.
- Synchronize agency messages around COOP, emergency management, readiness, and taskforce oversight.
- Draft and develop narrative content for CCS talking points, agendas, briefs, town halls, services, and procedures.
- Draft and promote communication content and materials to promote COOP, emergency management, readiness, and taskforce oversight information, guidance, activities, products, and services.
- Collaborate with other inter- and intra-bureau offices to facilitate public platform outreach on communication plans and campaigns.
- Research and stay current on prior USAID public information regarding COOP, emergency management, readiness, and taskforce oversight and recommend future messaging.
- Maintain timely and accurate operating procedures, records, and statuses of tasks and projects.
- Provide public messaging technical support to other M Bureau offices as necessary to accommodate CCS/COOP customer service standards.
- Support other M Bureau communications activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Visual Design, Graphics Design, Visual Content, Web Design, Digital Media, Marketing, Broadcasting, or a similar field is required.
- 3+ years of experience developing narrative content for media messaging, engagements, print and digital communications products, talking points, agendas, and inquiry responses is required.
- Background check is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Minimum of 3+ years professional digital communications or public relations experience is preferred.
- A graduate degree in similar fields is preferred.
- Webpage development and maintenance experience is preferred.
- Experience with emergency management or fast paced incident communications is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of development or international affairs experience is preferred.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-12