Communications Specialist – Public Relations & Brand
Virgin Voyages’ Communications Specialist works closely with and reports to the Director of PR & Communications. This role is a highly collaborative effort, working alongside the marketing team to help create and execute communications
initiatives, including PR campaigns, internal and brand comms. On this team, you will be responsible for both monitoring and analyzing developments in the news, securing meaningful media placements for the brand on a consistent basis. This role will identify and actively seek out earned media opportunities for the brand in a fast-paced environment, while cultivating relationships with media, social influencers and with internal and external partners. While rooted in PR and external comms, this role is also responsible for bridging brand and internal comms, including campaign ideation, execution and copywriting.This is a collaborative role that will work closely with the internal and experience teams as an extension of brand marketing.
The Communications Specialist has a strong executive presence, confident presentation skills, superior written and verbal communication skills (Spanish/English preferred), a strong understanding of engagement principles and is a passionate guardian of the Virgin brand.
What You’ll Be Up To
- Previous experience in executing successful PR campaigns
- Established media contacts across multiple verticals
- Experience working with an integrated marketing communications team
- Possess a strong understanding of social media, pop culture and trending topics
- PR experience working with entrepreneurial and innovative brands, consumer lifestyle, luxury and travel are preferred – Corporate communications experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects and thrive in very dynamic, fluid environment
- Excellent organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and detailed project management acumen
- A self-starter who is dedicated to the Virgin Voyages brand and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities – Ability to work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale projects that are also time-critical
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all areas of the business to provide counsel to communicate key messages and objectives, and to find and tell great stories
- Problem solving attitude while working with tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree
- Min. 3 years agency experience
- Fluent in Spanish preferred
What Matters To Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hangout spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Virgin Voyages is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified, eligible applicants regardless of their sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Our greatest strength comes from our ability to come together as unique individuals — we seek to always embrace and celebrate our differences, providing an inclusive workplace environment that allows you to be your best self.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-20