Communications Specialist – Remote
Reliant Bank is a full-service commercial bank that provides customer service from its website, mobile app, via telephone and from 27 retail locations in Cheatham, Davidson, Hamilton, Hickman, Maury, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson Counties in Tennessee. Reliant’s knowledgeable commercial bankers work with business clients to develop unique and individual deposit and lending solutions that help customers succeed. The bank’s vision is to be the best financial institution at building and being a part of the communities served, one customer at a time. The company intends to continue building the Reliant brand across its markets and remains committed to building long-term value for its shareholders. We are currently seeking a Communications Specialist. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This exempt position reports to the VP of Digital and Marketing.
Ready to apply now?
Click the link below to create a profile and apply.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Communication Specialist is responsible for leading the Bank’s content marketing efforts. This role is responsible for writing original copy and taglines for advertising campaigns, maintaining brand consistency across sales channels, and creating messaging in support of respective business segments, products and services to achieve the bank’s strategic growth initiatives.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write original copy for marketing elements, including digital and traditional ads, social media, display ads, direct mail, billboards and others.
- Maintain and update brochures, one sheets, and other physical collateral.
- Research, prepare, and publish articles to support growth objectives.
- Identify gaps in the Bank’s content.
- Proof-read and edit copy generated by colleagues.
- Write copy that converts new and existing customers.
- Leverage SEO best practices to optimize content and increase visibility.
- Researches and monitors metrics related to content.
- Reports on the effectiveness of copy using metrics such as web traffic and conversion rates.
- Works with internal and external designers to create visuals that support copy.
- Develop the language and tone of communications including brochures, email, and intranet pages.
- Interview clients, industry experts and internal teams.
- Ensure all content is up-to-date.
- Maintains audit approval trails of all content.
- Promotes the bank’s products and services whenever possible; participates in bank sponsored events, networking and volunteer opportunities at every opportunity
- Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Two or more years of proven work experience as a Junior Copywriter, Product Copywriter or similar role.
- Portfolio of published articles.
- Ability to write creative copy for use with large form (e.g. brochures, webpages) and short form (e.g. social media posts).
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Understanding of AP style and the ability to adhere to brand guidelines in all communications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail coupled with ability to work in a team environment.
- Creative problem solver and a natural curiosity to understand all aspects of how our business delivers value to our customers.
- Strong creative
- Strong communication skills to include writing, speaking, listening and
- Demonstrated integrity.
- Commitment to collaborate across the organization.
- Multitasker with the ability to handle and meet hard deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Understand the latest trends and best practices in marketing and success measures.
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis in InDesign and InCopy.
- Hands on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress).
- Excellent technological skills, especially with
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k), paid time off and volunteer time. Qualified candidates may submit their resume via https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/InpReliant.careers?ApplyToJob=302174721
Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Job posted: 2020-07-23