Communications Specialist, Senior
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary communications focus will be to support external corporate communications programs for ITC Holdings
- Responds to incoming media calls; manages proactive trade media outreach as directed.
- Develops and supports external communications plans to drive business and advocacy objectives.
- Supports ongoing management of media relationships to support key initiatives for trade media outlets; includes identifying targets and messages, establishing contact, developing relationships and following-up to engage them in media pieces including preparation and coordination of media interviews.
- Responsible for implementation of specific public relations and media / advocacy campaigns including the initial identification of the campaign opportunity or need, media plan development, plan implementation and media campaign metrics identification and measurement.
- Responsible for conference related support including presentations, briefing documents, conference logistics and coordination.
- Applies digital communications tactics to support broader external communications objectives.
- Prepares proper reports and tracking to demonstrate ROI for communication programs.
- Flexible for miscellaneous duties assigned as needed, including project profiles, position papers, content development for and contributions to web site/intranet, social media and other internal communications.
- Properly leverages public relations resources to implement PR/communications strategies.
- Receives direction from Public Relations Manager and Marketing & Corporate Affairs Manager on strategic initiatives.
- Coordinates activities with other Marketing & Communications colleagues, including business unit communications leads, digital communications lead, and corporate branding lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media Relations, English, Journalism or relevant, equivalent experience and/or education.
- Master’s Degree in Communications-related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in relevant field required.
- Utility industry experience preferred.
- Experience in digital media communication tactics.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, editing, presentation and professional communication skills.
- Experience conducting on camera interviews at the national and local levels.
- Extensive media contacts, proven record of story placement, at the local and national levels.
- Ability to delegate and take direction with minimal supervision in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to exhibit professional behaviors and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and proficiency or willingness to learn Microsoft Project. / Microsoft Access.
- Ability to professionally and effectively manage and prioritize time while handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Some travel required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-14