Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications Specialist, Supervising Associate
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As an Internal Communications Specialist Supervising Associate, you’ll provide strategic communications for various internal constituencies in the US-West Region.
You’ll manage and develop various communications, involving multiple types of media, and liaise with senior EY leaders, internal clients, and other audiences.
In this role you’ll be a specialist in your field and will work with limited supervision to help EY build upon its people-focused culture and effectively communicate its business- and talent-related priorities and strategies.
- Create moderate-to-complex communications for internal audiences. Placing an emphasis on storytelling, these messages should inform and inspire various internal constituencies about our business priorities, thought leadership, and the value of the exceptional EY experience.
- Draft and execute messages through a variety of media. These include webcasts, videos, presentations, emails and newsletters.
- Gain an understanding of market forces and help develop strategies and communications to enhance EY’s brand position.
- Create, develop and manage the project scope and schedule for simple-to-complex projects.
- Manage internal publishing platforms and analytics for regional communications
- Develop relationships with project stakeholders and manage their expectations. Negotiate with and influence project sponsors on project specific items.
- Understand the environmental factors affecting EY, the practice, and its markets.
- Respond with poise and confidence to inquiries on communications from all levels of management within the firm.
- Support the US-West Crisis Response Team and produce communications under pressure in crisis situations.
- Gain respect for your knowledge within and outside your business unit.
Knowledge and skills requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
- Comfortable working across pillars and all levels of the firm
- Confident discussing key business and communication issues with management
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent listening and interpretation skills
- Strong project management skills
- A minimum of 5-7 years of communications or journalism experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a Journalism or Communications major
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-19