Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications Specialist (USAID/DDI/GenDev)
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Development, Democracy and Innovation (DDI) has contracted through ZemiTek to recruit and hire a qualified Communications Specialist in DDI’s Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Hub (GenDev) who can perform the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops communications strategies, manages assigned Bureau actions, and manages the flow of written and visual/social media communications.
- Liaisons closely with technical offices to design and implement strategies for appropriate communications products (written, visual, and social media) in order to achieve the Agency’s objectives.
- Monitors and communicates USAID programs and activities of legislative and external stakeholder interest.
- Utilizes a wide suite of outreach tools to support DDI/GenDev communications activities and efforts and across all sectors of the bureau.
- Develops and participates in USAID/Washington and field seminars and workshops related to the sectors covered to promote the spread of information, including the sharing of best practices aimed at facilitating broader scale and replication of the Agency’s successes.
- Edits reports to Congress, drafts speeches, talking points, and other statements for use by senior Agency officials.
- Develops articles, brochures, press kits, videos, social media tools, etc., with an understanding of how these materials affect public perceptions and understanding of USAID programs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience, including broad experience related to issues for gender in development.
- Experience with video and digital production is a plus.
- Secret level-clearance required to perform duties.
Instructions on how applicants should submit their materials: https://careers-zemitek.icims.com/jobs/1087/communications-specialist-%28usaid-ddi-gendev%29/job
Job posted: 2021-12-23