Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Valero Energy is looking for a Communications Strategist to join the Media Relations and Communications Team at the Valero Headquarters in San Antonio, TX. The Communications Strategist will help create, develop and implement communication campaigns and content directed to various internal and external audiences to create a favorable brand and reputation for Valero.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Provide insightful, creative and technical writing on a regular basis in a variety of formats for internal and external audiences
- Write website material and social media material as required.
- Write letters, scripts, speeches and editorials for staff members as required.
- Researches, writes, and edits business communications, publications, social posts, web copy, press releases, news stories, case studies, scripts, functional communications plans, policies, and speeches.
- Support Valero Energy’s Corporate and Wholesale Business on any advertising and promotional needs, along with brand and advertising assets associated with Valero’s sports sponsorships. Develops a wide variety of materials and information.
- Plan, prepare, and disseminate a broad range of communication materials including content for internal and external platforms directed to the general public, customers, employees and shareholders.
- Assist Communications team’s work with the advertising agency, collaborating on campaigns as well as other communication initiatives to support company’s strategic efforts.
- Assist in monitoring social channels, generating ideas, creating, writing social posts and publishing content on social channels to drive engagement and positive brand sentiment.
- Contribute to the development, deployment and management of timeline for all advertising deliverables of various sponsorships to include: brochures, digital ads, onsite activations, hospitality event theme development, television and radio commercials including broadcast trafficking, providing Valero brand assets to all vendors and ensuring proper use of those assets.
- Work with the Digital Media and Graphic Design teams on the development of video content, photography and graphic design for a wide variety of events and functions for the company in support of strategic messaging.
- Assist communications team with execution and guidance and/or support with internal and external digital communications (external website, intranet, and social media) efforts.
- Work on technical aspects of the intranet portal and internet website, from writing and posting news stories, announcements and graphics to storing documents and advising on overall portal/internet content.
- Coordinate with I/S, HR and other departments on changes and updates to the intranet site, fostering close and professional working relationships in effectively fielding, considering and fulfilling requests.
- Serve as a liaison to field public affairs representatives and provides a wide range of communications support.
- Collaborate with corporate and business function personnel to produce communications that are accurate, complete and on-target with overall strategy.
- Contribute thoughtful ideas to brainstorms, projects and campaigns.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Digital Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism, Business/Marketing, Public Relations or related field required.
- 3+ years of experience in Communications and/or public relations and/or social media required.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of time, as needed, required.
- Proficient in Adobe PhotoShop preferred.
- Experience with photography, videography, or graphic design preferred.
Please include the following in your application:
- Writing Sample or Portfolio
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-23