We (you included) are the Strategic Communications team, supporting the Office of the COO, you’ll develop and manage communication strategies, initiatives, and campaigns that align with Northwestern Mutual’s strategic corporate communication priorities. These activities inform, educate, and influence a range of target audiences including the company’s clients, the field, employees and other partners.
Specifically, you’ll help support and build relationships with Client Advocacy – an area responsible for providing service and support of our clients and field force in over 75 million annual interactions – some of the company’s most critical moments throughout the client experience journey. As Client Advocacy evolves to meet changing consumer needs and expectations, you’ll have a seat at the table and help to build awareness, understanding and adoption among multiple audiences.
This role is perfect for you, if you’re a well-versed and collaborative communicator who thrives in a fast-paced environment. If you enjoy leading and supporting a wide variety of initiatives and business partners while constantly learning something new and working through evolving challenges and opportunities, we’d love to hear from you.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage with Client Advocacy partners on communication priorities. Plan, manage and implement communication programs, projects and initiatives that align partners with business direction, goals and objectives.
- Use communications to build awareness, understanding and adoption among all audiences.
- Help to develop and execute communication strategy including managing communications plan, developing and coordinating communications results and tactically executing with the project team.
- Write, edit and review copy for communication deliverables. Facilitate review of collateral materials among appropriate project partners.
- Work with Creative Solutions and/or vendors as needed to bring results to life, acting as a brand steward to uphold brand standards and consistency in all materials and managing details such as production schedules when needed.
- Provide strategic counsel to leadership and engage in thought leadership opportunities.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of communication and assess the return on communication investment.
- Work independently with minimal guidance.
- Perform additional communication tasks as needed to support the team and business partners in successfully delivering on their priorities.
BRING YOUR BEST! WHAT THIS ROLE NEEDS:
- 6 or more years of experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing or related communication field.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in, English/journalism, communications or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals across the enterprise; demonstrating success in effectively engaging with key business partners to understand their needs and bring value and ultimately significant results.
- Proven project management and organizational skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative and detail orientation; ability to prioritize and balance multiple demands simultaneously and work efficiently while keeping pace with customer’s needs
- Ability to absorb complex information and convert it to an understandable format
- Ability to adapt style and build consensus with client group leaders
- Ability to solve complex problems and analyze information from multiple resources to make business decisions
What are the nice to haves for this role?
- Prior experience with Northwestern Mutual a bonus, but not required
- Financial services background and/or insurance product knowledge a plus
- Comfortable with collaboration and project management tools (i.e. SharePoint, OneDrive, Slack)
- Company sponsored retirement plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-17