Communications Strategist (Account Manager)
Summary: Mission Partners is seeking candidates interested in a full-time Communications Strategist position to serve as account and project manager for existing Mission Partners clients. We are especially interested in applicants who have prior full- time agency experience; have experience working at the intersection of public relations, philanthropy, and public policy; and candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to racial justice. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with internal and client subject matter experts, craft overall communications strategies, message frameworks, and campaigns that are culturally competent and inclusive.
- Play either a leading or supporting role in implementation of communications campaigns.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships, serving in a project manager role, anticipating questions and needs and solving problems with account teams, while thinking strategically about how to solve client communications challenges.
- Lead the development of new opportunities and/or story angles to pursue on behalf of clients and craft pitches/news releases and other communications to help in delivering client stories to relevant audiences. This position will support or lead on media pitching, op-ed development and placement, and story development.
- Work closely with vendors—including graphic design, social media, web, or videographers—to ensure client and agency campaigns are executed creatively, on time, and within budget.
- A stated and proven commitment to Mission Partners’ company values.
- Intellectual curiosity and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Three years minimum experience working directly in public affairs, issues management, campaign development, or public relations for mission-driven organizations or causes.
- Prior full-time experience working in a communications/marketing agency, public affairs firm or similar environment.
- Certification or college degree in communications, business, journalism, or related field.
- Fluency with digital project management and/or communications tools (e.g., Asana, Microsoft Teams, Google Suite) and a proven track record of success in advancing marketing/communications goals.
- Proven ability to oversee projects from initial strategy through tactical implementation.
- Strong writing skills, attention to detail, understanding of inclusive and plain language practices, and ability to write across a variety of channels and mediums.
- Strong organizational skills, familiarity with project management, and experience working in a client services environment.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands.
- Experience working with coalitions a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary, starting at $70,000; Quarterly individual incentive plan; new business development incentive plan; comprehensive health coverage and 401K (after one year); tuition reimbursement; peer recognition points; charitable gift match; generous vacation time; and sabbatical time after one year of service.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-03