Communications Strategist II
Clayton, a Berkshire Hathaway company and a leading home builder of off-site built and site-built housing, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures attainable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry; we take pride in ensuring that all Clayton homeowners receive a high level of customer service starting at purchase and continued throughout the ownership of a new home. The company’s vision is to develop housing solutions that improve lives and builds a better tomorrow.
This role will support the Company activities in public relations, organizational communications, media relations, and government/industry relations. The Communications Strategist uses a variety of communications skills, competencies, and tools to support efforts to inform and educate various external audiences about Clayton and its companies, while further advancing its positive reputation.
- Autonomously responsible for the inception, organization, strategy and execution of communication projects.
- Writes, prepares, and reviews articles to be used in company publications.
- Coordinates the preparation of company publications and articles by confirming artwork, verifying facts, and giving final approval.
- Owns direct relationships with top leaders across the company to align on messaging and newsworthy topics for Public Relations and Marketing.
- Makes sure all work follows editorial policies and standards.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate regular activities, training sessions, and events.
- Ability to travel, when needed (<20% overall travel)
- Ability to connect and engage with wide variety of people across the organization.
- Must have confidence in speaking with leadership and possess relationship building skills.
- Leverage creative writing and communication skills to write articles, press releases, website content and media advisories for the company.
- Develop customer-facing content strategies for different news and education topics.
- Direct/create supporting media assets for our PR, event and social media efforts (ex: video, infographics, white papers, newsletters).
- Analyze and distribute audience interaction metrics by developing comparative reports.
- Glean insights for leadership reports by monitoring PR effort performance and metrics.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have proven knowledge and experience with communication and AP style writing.
- Must be a confident self-starter and extremely independent in order to maintain and develop projects on their own.
- Must stay abreast of new social engagement strategies, channels, and tools – and advise communications strategists and department leadership on emerging social trends.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational ability; ability to work under pressure amid distractions and interruptions.
- Must be able to collaborate closely with the corporate communications team to leverage PR tools and opportunities to increase positive company exposure.
- Confidence in public speaking in front of different internal groups and management.
- 2-3 years of experience in Public Relations, Writing or Marketing is a plus.
- Proven experience in journalism, communications and/or PR is a plus.
- Creative and idea-driven thought process.
- Graphic design, video and photography skills are a plus.
- Ability to communicate, interview and connect with people to generate stories.
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
- On-site restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-19