Community Affairs Manager
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Community Affairs Manager (CAM) is responsible for effectively positioning U.S. Bank as a leader in the community and works closely with market leadership to achieve market/region Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goals. The CAM sets the direction for local market Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) performance, community grants, civic sponsorships and builds strategic relationships with organizations that align to the CSR strategy to drive community, employee and business impact.
- Builds and sustains local market relationships and partnerships with community, civic and nonprofit organizations to support company objectives and help meet community needs.
- Actively represents U.S. Bank in community and economic development initiatives by developing and maintaining strategic alliances with local advocacy organizations.
- Directs local Foundation grant strategy. Reviews, analyzes and approves grant applications in accordance with market strategy and shares impact reports for funded initiatives at regularly schedule local market leader meetings.
- Communicates and guides local market CRA performance and assists in the formation of action plans with regional lines of business for Lending, Investment and Service.
- Partners closely with CRA Data, Strategy & Analytics Team to regularly review CRA performance-to-goal reports and, as needed and assists with collection of information for the CRA exam and performances context.
- Directs local employee engagement strategy including placement of leadership on local boards and signature volunteer activities.
- Sets direction for local market community sponsorships and signature civic programs to drive community impact.
- Guides strategy of local Employee Giving Campaign. Coordinates local disaster community relief/recovery response efforts.
- Partners with Communications, Government Affairs and Marketing to communicate impact of community partnerships both to internal and external audiences.
Bachelors Degree and/or six years of experience in CRA, community development and community outreach
- Understanding of Bank’s overall goals and objectives
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements
- Negotiation skills which facilitate effective working relationships with internal and external groups to achieve CRA goals
- Decision making ability
- Analytical skills (data analysis and interpretation)
- Written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Organization and prioritization skills
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That’s why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most – your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-18