Community Engagement Associate
Under the direction of the Director of Community Engagement, the Community Engagement Associate (the Associate) is responsible for recruiting, building and maintaining relationships with Ilinois Action for Children (IAFC) members; identifying and fostering leadership within the membership; and focusing on intensive community organizing in selected areas of the state . The Associate promotes Illinois Action for Children programs and initiatives by making meaningful connections with providers and families. The Associate provides consumer education and resources to families and providers, and engages families and providers in community and professional meetings. All work to be completed with minimum supervision and in accordance with Organization standards.
<span “text-decoration:=”” underline”=””>ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages campaigns for community education and engagement in targeted communities.
- Build relationships with local grassroots advocates in order to recruit and develop early care and education leaders in Illinois.
- Assist in coordinating statewide membership events including the Parent Rally Day, Conference and Lobby Day, Statewide Public Policy Caucuses and Other regional or community based events.
- Creates opportunities for dialogue within communities to enable providers and families to inform the work of Illinois Action for Children.
- Participates in staff training across IAFC departments to ensure PPA and IDHS priorities are understood by all staff that work with providers and families, coordinating staff participation in community engagement opportunities.
- Connects providers and families to appropriate IAFC programs and services based on assessment of needs.
- Provides technical assistance and training for internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with child care consultants, providers and parents on providing community presentations that promote quality early care and education. Builds and develops relationships with child care consultants, community partners, faith-based contacts and possible donors of materials for community engagement activities, with a focus on promoting early care and education opportunities.
- Understand and be able to communicate to others the complexities of the early care and education systems in Illinois, the underlying public policies and the grassroots action needed to continue to support the programs and families within these systems.
- Develops and coordinates activities for special projects for the agency to promote inter agency collaboration among departments.
- Maintains and stocks inventory of materials and supplies for the program.
- Prepares written plans, program data, and reports as required by contracts, agreements and agency reporting needs. Maintains required records including electronic and paper file copies.
- Attends appropriate meetings, seminars, trainings, and conferences.
<span “text-decoration:=”” underline”=””>EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and one to two years related experience and/or training; One to two years experience in grassroots organizing; public speaking and presentation skills, writing and editing.
Access to reliable personal transportation, insurance, valid driver’s license and good driving record required
<span “text-decoration:=”” underline”=””>OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communications and community organizing skills
- Ability to travel throughout city and state
- Ability to work independently
Salary: $43,700 Location: 4753 N Broadway, Chicago, IL
IL Action for Children is EEO/M/F/V/D employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-24