Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Community Engagement Consultant
Join an organization at the forefront of health justice.
Community Catalyst is a leading non-profit national health advocacy organization dedicated to advancing a movement for health equity and justice. We partner with local, state and national advocates to leverage and build power so all people can influence decisions that affect their health. Health systems will not be accountable to people without a fully engaged and organized community voice. That’s why we work every day to ensure people’s interests are represented wherever important decisions about health and health care are made: in communities, state houses and on Capitol Hill. For more information, visit http://www.communitycatalyst.org. Follow us on Twitter @CommCatHealth.
The Community Engagement Consultant provides consulting services to clients including health plans and providers, hospitals, state agencies and others serving vulnerable populations (e.g. frail older adults, people with disabilities, children with special health care needs). This dynamic person will provide clients with facilitation, training, and other services that will help them develop and implement programs to better serve members/patients, in particular beneficiaries of the Medicare and Medicaid programs. The ultimate goal of our consulting is to improve health care services and the overall health of people with complex needs, particularly those from historically excluded or underrepresented populations.
The mission of the Center is to promote the engagement of people with complex health and social needs in health care payment and delivery system transformation. Our consulting services are one of the many ways that we realize this mission. Additional information is available at www.healthinnovation.org.
This full-time position is within Community Catalyst’s Center for Consumer Engagement in Health Innovation.
This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by a staff union, Community Catalyst United, and specific employment terms may be subject to a future Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The Community Engagement Consultant will report to, and will work in close collaboration with, the Director of Business Development.
· Offer timely, efficient, customized consulting services to clients such as health plans, providers, hospitals and state agencies.
· Play a role in the development, refinement and implementation of new products to enhance consulting services and training curricula.
· Design and facilitate listening sessions and key informant interviews.
· Create outreach materials and recruit participants for webinars, listening sessions, key informant interviews, etc.
· Provide coaching and training to help clients effectively partner with members/patients, community residents and organizations in health improvement and transformation efforts.
· Support clients’ efforts to advance health justice and race equity through providing strategic guidance and training support.
· Research and recruit speakers for webinars and assist in facilitating informational sessions.
· Assist in establishing a national community of practice promoting consumer-centric practices to inform and transform the delivery of care.
· Develop materials, write reports and provide project management related to client contracts
· Actively participate as a member of the consulting team and of relevant Community Catalyst or Center teams.
· Other responsibilities as assigned to achieve the goals of the Center.
· Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years relevant work experience; or 6 years of relevant work experience in a community-based organization, public health or health care setting.
· Knowledge of, and ability to accommodate, the social, cultural and linguistic needs of people from diverse backgrounds and a commitment to racial justice.
· Experience in meeting design and facilitation, and ability to create and deliver effective training, in professional or community settings.
· Highly proficient in project planning and management with strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously, respond to tight timelines and operate effectively in a fast-paced, detail-rich environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated awareness of the individual needs of clients and communities.
· Diplomatic skills and the ability to exercise proper judgement, discretion, and be flexible in response to changing client or organizational needs.
· Highly motivated with an ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team
· Expertise on health policy, specifically knowledge of the Medicare and Medicaid programs, and programs serving dually eligible individuals.
· Prior experience working directly with health plans, hospitals/health systems, providers or public agencies.
· Expertise on issues related to consumer engagement, health equity, community health improvement.
· Expertise on adult learning, popular education or health literacy techniques.
· Ability to travel within the US.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS
· Salary Range: $75,165 – $89,858
· Generous paid time off policy
· Robust benefits package
· Convenient downtown Boston, Massachusetts or Washington, D.C. locations, open to remote work
Applicants should submit a resume with a one-page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com. Please put “Community Engagement Consultant” in the subject line.
Community Catalyst is strongly committed to building a work environment that recognizes, respects, and encourages the unique contributions of a broad spectrum of qualified employees. We strive to make employment decisions that support inclusion to maintain a work atmosphere that is diverse, equitable and promotes family-friendly practices and work-life benefits so that people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate in hiring based on age, color, ethnicity, race, national origin, primary language, religion, socio-economic status, family status, mental and physical disabilities, veteran status, gender identity characteristics and/or expression, sex, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other classification that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
Through all of our programs, Community Catalyst works to build a better future for all individuals by advancing health equity, focusing on people of color, immigrants, as well as disability, gender, sexual identity and socio-economic status. It is important for our staff to reflect the diverse communities with which we work. People of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English are encouraged to apply.
Job posted: 2022-07-09