Community Engagement Coordinator
Jackson & Josephine County, Oregon
Remote work allowed: Partial on-site; partial work from home
Pay and Benefits
$17.00 – $22.00 per hour DOE (education, skills, and/or experience)
Benefits: Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Retirement plan, Vision insurance
Are you looking to further your skills in community outreach & engagement in the nonprofit sector? Do you have outstanding communication skills, mixed media (digital, print, video, social media) skills and experience, public speaking, and event planning – and a desire to make a difference in the lives of homeless youth and families? Are you interested in a fast-paced job with one of the Ten Best Nonprofits to Work for In Oregon (Oregon Business, 2017). If so, Maslow Project is currently in search of a skilled, high energy, self-motivated, out-going, and people-oriented individual to join our team as a Community Engagement Coordinator!
Location: Some remote work
from home, some office work in Jackson and/or Josephine County, some
Please answer the following questions (may be part of your cover letter or as a separate document) and submit with your resume.
· Why do you want to work specifically for Maslow Project and what makes you a good fit for our organization?
· Please describe in 300-500 words a community outreach event that
you would like to develop and organize as the Community Engagement Coordinator
to educate and engage community partners in Maslow Project’s mission.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will promote the mission and work of our
agency in the community, help create awareness and understanding around the
issues related to youth and family homelessness, and build and maintain
excellent relationships with community members, businesses, faith-based
agencies, and civic groups.
· Community outreach – tabling events, presentations & public speaking
· Managing community-based donation drives and fundraising/awareness events
· Managing agency’s social media on a variety of platforms
· Assist with smaller grants and reports (will train)
· Produce a quarterly newsletter (online and print versions)
· Coordinate volunteers & volunteer activities
· Manage printed materials, branded supplies, and other outreach tools
· Further duties include various administrative tasks, e.g.: donor acknowledgments, assist with bulk mailings, data entry, provide support for special events (internal and community-based), and as assigned.
This position is ideal for someone who:
· Is a serious self-starter – motivated and works well independently to deadlines
· Is interested in furthering their career as a nonprofit communication, marketing and development
· Enjoys engaging with a variety of partners including business and civic organizations to build and strengthen partnerships
· Communicates across a variety of platforms to reach community and partners such as social media, in person, videos, and print literature
· Loves engaging in community education and outreach
· Thrives in an environment where no two days are alike
· Enjoys working both independently and as part of a team
· Innately outgoing, high energy and comfortable talking to diverse groups of varying sizes (public speaking is a definite part of this job and if this challenges you – please think twice before
· Highly detail oriented and accountable for work products & deadlines
· Able to demonstrate integrity and professionalism to a high standard of quality
· Proficient in MS Office suite, various social media platforms, and productivity tools such as digital calendars, email, Zoom, iPhones, data entry etc.
· Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress a plus
· Have an eye for, and skilled in visual design work, website content updates using SquareSpace (or able to quickly learn)
· Video, photo and audio editing skills a plus
· Well-organized with excellent time management skills
· Able to adapt to a flexible schedule, including working early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed (standard work week most of the time but some evenings or weekends occasionally)
· A degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field; or comparative education/work experience
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in community outreach, fundraising, communications, public relations or related field
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Positive and flexible attitude
· OUTSTANDING people skills, including the ability to work with a diverse population of donors, community members, agency partners, and colleagues
· Be inclusive and able to authentically work with a diverse population
· Prior experience with volunteers, events, and/or community outreach activities
· The ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously
· A genuine interest in supporting Maslow Project’s mission
· A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
· Able to pass drug screen and criminal background check
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Maslow Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrates a diverse and inclusive workforce!
Pay: $17-22 DOE
· Remote interview process
· Personal protective equipment provided or required
· Plastic shield at work stations
· Social distancing guidelines in place
· Virtual meetings
· Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We take COVID precautions very seriously: required masks,
sanitation processes, social distancing. Allow work from home when appropriate.
· A full-time, permanent, year-round position
· Ability for some work from home as appropriate, and a COVID cautious in-person environment (we care about the safety of our staff & clients!)
· Fairly regular M-F work week with some early morning, evening or weekend events/meetings occasionally
· Competitive, market-rate wages
· A supportive and diverse work culture
· Excellent benefits including medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, employee-matched Simple IRA contribution, generous PTO, an Employee Assistance Program, paid holidays, flex-time policy, and paid one-month sabbatical after vesting period
· An outstanding opportunity for professional growth and advancement
Work must be performed in or near Medford, OR
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-21