Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Community Engagement Coordinator
Community Engagement Coordinator
- We’re looking for someone with professionalism.
- We’re looking for someone with motivation.
- We’re looking for someone with a passion for creating and sustaining professional relationships.
- We’re the American Retirement Association, and we just might be looking for YOU!
The American Retirement Association, one of the fastest growing associations in the USA, is an association with a rich diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and ideas. We are looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator to join our team. Based in Arlington, Virginia we enjoy a fresh, energetic working environment near the Ballston Metro Station. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a supportive environment, and the opportunity to be a part of a growing professional team in an exciting field. Check out our website at: www.usaretirement.org.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Advocacy Engagement, the Community Engagement Coordinator assists in the execution of strategies aimed at enhancing member engagement in the association’s government affairs advocacy initiatives, coordinates association programs aimed at addressing social and economic issues affecting retirement policy, and develops and sustains relationships with targeted members to encourage and facilitate member involvement with federal and state representatives.
- Assist in the execution of strategies to identify, recruit, motivate, train, and activate new member advocates and inspire them to engage with their federal or state elected representatives.
- Assist in the execution of various government affairs advocacy initiatives, including grassroots campaigns and grasstops events that support the association’s legislative initiatives, individual member visits to Capitol Hill, as well as large-scale visits to Capitol Hill in conjunction with association events.
- Coordinate association programs aimed at addressing social and economic issues that affect retirement policy (e.g., gender, diversity and inclusion, etc.)
- Support the association’s Political Action Committee. Coordinate mutual initiatives between the Political Action Committee and grasstops program.
- Coordinate member volunteer committees, draft minutes, and track tasks assigned to committee members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Strong relationship management, event management, and project management skills.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Capacity to communicate with tact and professionalism.
- Effective organization and multi-tasking skills with a strong attention to detail.
- A comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities.
- Ability to work autonomously with initiative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Personify (or similar Association Management System), and social media platforms.
- 1-3 years of experience in association membership relations/development.
- Experience in event management. Familiarity with the federal legislative process.
- Demonstrated professional commitment to public service and social action.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to lift items 20 lbs. or heavier.
Our Benefits Include:
- Health and Dental insurance
- Life, LTD, STD insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Defined Benefit pension plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (18 days of PTO earned per calendar year)
- Two Hour Personal Allotment (the association provides two hours of allotted personal time per calendar month to each employee)
- Parental Leave, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty Leave, Military Leave
- Commuting Expense Reimbursement (currently $100, covers monthly parking at 100%, or can be put onto a registered SmarTrip card for Metrorail, Metrobus, etc.)
Got what it takes? If you are looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic, non-profit association with a great working environment, rush a resume, a cover letter, samples of your work, and your salary requirements (avoiding the term “negotiable”), to Rachel@seamlessHRSolutions.com No phone inquiries, please. We look forward to hearing from you!
The American Retirement Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic, non-profit association with a great working environment, rush a resume, a cover letter, samples of your work, and your salary requirements (avoiding the term “negotiable”), to Rachel@seamlessHRSolutions.com No phone inquiries, please. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job posted: 2022-07-12