Community Engagement Strategist
• Implement strategic engagement established within the Regional Engagement Plan (REP) with key stakeholders for Operations and Major Projects. Key stakeholders include local government officials, influential business leaders, key landowners, emergency responders and non-government organizations. Where this involves Native American groups, this engagement is consistent with the principles contained in Enbridge’s Indigenous and Native American Policy.
• Actively seek to foster and own relationships with key influential leaders and work with internal partners within and outside Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability (PACS) (i.e. Supply Chain Management, Legal, Operations) to implement innovative engagement strategies, approaches and tools to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk related to Community and Tribal engagement.
• For Tribal engagement, responsible as the geographic lead for providing awareness and guidance to the team and company on tribal and cultural protocols, norms and politics to ensure the company respectfully engages with Native American communities, builds positive relationships, meets regulatory engagement requirements and effectively manage the related risk.
• Lead regional stakeholder engagement in the field with key stakeholders and related groups (including individuals, community organizations, tribal communities, local governments) in support of business goals and project objectives, working cooperatively with internal functions such as Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), Operations and Business Development.
• Lead regional development and implementation of specific engagement plans, strategies, talking points for media spokesperson and related budgets that reflect the interests of both the Company and the potentially-affected stakeholder. Meet regulatory requirements and build, maintain and enhance Enbridge’s reputation as a trusted corporate citizen.
• Lead or provide guidance to teammates on developing and maintaining effective relationships, engagement strategies, and managing issues and risks.
• Recommend and contribute to regional engagement knowledge and impact in support of Corporate Community Investment opportunities, policies and governence.
• Provide timely advice and counsel to Enbridge management, staff and business teams with respect to Stakeholder Engagement, including cultural awareness, consultation, relationships and partnership opportunities, negotiations, issue management, risk and opportunity assessments. This includes bringing the voice (interests and perspectives) of the communities into Enbridge for appropriate and timely consideration.
• Lead regional stakeholder engagement for major projects and expansions by contributing to project teams including Project Management, Safety, Environmental, Regulatory, Governmental Affairs, Lands, Design, Construction, etc.
• Provide expertise and consultation to industry trade associations through participation on advisory panels and working groups.
• Plan and manage functional area or project budget(s) and other resources with a view to cost effectiveness and ensuring appropriate controls.
• Contribute Central regional knowledge and policies into Business Development to ensure consideration of local and regional stakeholder history, risks and opportunities.
• Work with Public Awareness team to identify opportunities to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of delivery of supplemental stakeholder outreach and other activities within the Public Awareness Program.
• Where applicable, consistent with Company guidelines, and in concert with the business units and Company departments such as Law, Operations, Regulatory, EHS and other departments within PACS, provide guidance on the development of Protocol and Engagement Agreements, Letters of Intent and contracts, etc., that support key stakeholder and Indigenous community relationship building and communication, capacity building, and key stakeholder and Indigenous training and education, contracting and hiring that will strategically advance business objectives.
• Where applicable, working with the Sustainable Supply Chain Management team, help identify opportunities in conjunction with project teams or Operations regarding Tribal involvement on Enbridge’s projects or operations. This includes providing insight into community dynamics, capacity and politics, identifying potential local impacts and regional Indigenous participation opportunities and benefits (e.g. educational, skills development, employment, and business opportunity initiatives).
• Establish and maintain well-organized record of contact and in SIMS, the relationship management database.
• Keep up professional and individual development.
Crisis Communications & Response Team:
• Serve as part of the crisis communications & response team (CCRT) during operational incidents or emergencies and non-operational events such as a reputational crisis. If identified as a member of the CCRT, training will be provided.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Values of integrity, safety and respect
• Character that is reliable, open, considerate, accommodating, agreeable, courageous
• High achievement orientation
• Able to work independenty or in a team setting
• Able to multi-task
• Stress tolerance
• Self confidence
• University degree from a related post-secondary program
• Typically 7 or more years of directly related work experience in stakeholder engagement, preferably in the resources sector, particularly in the energy industry / energy transportation infrastructure sector
• Familiar with permitting practices for gas transmission and/ or liquid pipelines and facilities including applicable government and regulatory requirements, as well as present day issues and community dynamics
• Experience in and understanding of a large, public company with operations in multiple regions.
• Familiar with Tribal history and culture
• Specific experience in cross-cultural stakeholder and community engagement
• Knowledge of community development practices and organizational effectiveness strategies
• Able to interact effectively and establish credibility with a wide audience including Indigenous leaders and community representatives, field and corporate staff, external stakeholder groups, partners and contractors
• Solid written and verbal communication, presentation and organizational abilities
• Persistence, patience, and the ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Sense of urgency, with well-developed prioritization, time management and multi-tasking skills
• A high degree of flexibility to adapt to multiple and competing priorities
• Able to deal with a variety of external and internal disciplines and senior management and manage multiple projects at once, under constant deadline pressure
• Able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Good judgment in determining relevant content for employees
• Strong customer focus with the ability to listen, identify key issues, advise and maintain confidentiality
• Strong analytical skills to quickly analyze complex situations, determine key issues and messages, and implement the programs
• Strong research skills in subject matter field
• Excellent attention to detail
Social Process (People) Skills:
• Team-oriented attitude and the ability to work independently.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including consultation, negotiation, facilitation, risk communication and conflict resolution.
• Passionate about and experienced in building employee engagement and organizational alignment through effective internal communications.
• Office and field asset enviroments
• External facing relationships and participation
• Works with highly confidential, strategic information
• Decentralized operation
• Frequent travel
• Attends after-hours community and Tribal events on personal and business time throughout the year
Please be sure to apply by clicking this link and listing referral source as “ Public Affairs Council”.
Job posted: 2019-05-09