Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Community and Government Relations Manager
Who we are:
Primient is a leading producer of food and industrial ingredients made from plant-based, renewable sources. We deliver value through deep technical, commercial, and operational excellence that is backed by our long-standing corn wet milling heritage. Wherever we are in the process, from field to customer, our priorities are focused on ensuring we produce the safest, highest quality products through practices that uphold both our responsibility and commitments to our people and our planet.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Community and Government Relations Manager, your responsibilities will include building external relationships that help promote Primient’s business objectives. This will entail identifying both obstacles and opportunities.
Details about what you will be doing:
- As Primient’s Community and Government Relations Manager, you will be actively involved working with Chambers of Commerce/trade associations in state capitols and Washington DC
- Analyze, advise, and train internal stakeholders on existing federal, state, and local issues impacting the business
- Establish relationships with contract lobbyists and elected officials in Springfield and Indianapolis
- Make connections and coordinate with Key Community Influencers like corporate leads, political and charitably involved residents
- Coordinate and collaborate with key stakeholders both internally and externally to identify the opportunities Primient can foster
- Work cross functionally with the Ethics and Compliance Manager to improve policies
- Draft external correspondence
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Juris Doctorate, preferred
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge and expertise in advocating on corporate issues including:
- Energy, transportation, tax, economic development, trade, environment, health and nutrition and employee relations
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with Primient Senior Leadership Team as well as external public relations
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills
While there is flexibility on where this position is located, the preference is you reside near one of our plant locations where the state capital is within a reasonable distance. This includes the following locations:
- Illinois—Decatur or Springfield
- Indiana – Lafayette or Indianapolis
- Tennessee – Loudon or Nashville
Living in or near the Washington DC area is also an option.
What we offer you:
At Primient, you will have the opportunity to drive end-to-end solutions, while owning a high level of accountability and ownership. Additionally, we offer….
- Benefits from Day 1
- 401k Match
- Competitive Bonus program
- A chance to make dynamic, substantive change in a growing company
Primient is committed to a workplace that is all in – ensuring everyone can develop and shape a career that matters in an open culture which embraces equity, diversity, and belonging; challenges old ways of thinking; and encourages our voices to be a guiding force for ongoing learning.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect the following categories of personal information for the purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or other identification information; Education and qualifications; Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test results; Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information provided by you during the hiring process.
Primient is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-08