Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
What’s the job?
Fiverr is looking for a community manager to join our growing marketing department. A strong candidate for this role will be passionate about community building, skilled with both offline and digital community-building techniques, and eager to be part of a historic shift in the way people live and work.
Being an entrepreneur and freelancer is oftentimes a lonely journey, and we believe that creating deep, emotional connections within our Fiverr Community only makes us stronger and more successful. In this position, you’ll work directly with Fiverr community members on a daily basis to help identify and elevate leaders that will build vibrant, active Fiverr Community chapters. This position reports into the Team Lead – Community and Social Impact and sits under the Marketing Department.
Our work model is hybrid, combining remote and on-site work. This allows us to get things done when and where we are most productive.
2 days in our NY office – 3 days Remote
What am I going to do?
- Build: Use your creativity to build processes, resources, and projects that engage and scale our community programming. Collect and document programmatic data on a regular basis.
- Engage: Deepen our emotional connection with our community. Meet face-to-face with Fiverr community members, and develop ways for them to engage with Fiverr Community programming. Recruit, train, and manage volunteer team leaders who organize communities both on and offline. Organize and execute online and offline events such as trainings, meetups, and other community-related activities.
- Advocate: Be the voice of our community. Collect and surface insights and feedback to our internal Fiverr teams. Gather community-oriented content for Fiverr’s digital channels, such as videos, pictures, stories, etc.
- Scale. Maximize our impact. You’ll help us plan and execute ways for us to build awareness and scale our Fiverr Community program, while collaborating closely with other stakeholders on our team. This requires cross-team collaboration and a detailed eye.
- Execute one-off projects and initiatives as directed by your manager
- Additional related tasks as needed
What are the qualifications?
- You’ve built significant communities. You have at least 3 years of experience building vibrant communities for yourself or a company.
- A mind for building community programs including best in class strategy; resources, and content to increase engagement.
- Experience with event coordination. You’ve organized events before, ranging from small dinners to larger meetups and can provide insight and support to others looking to do the same.
- Experience working across professionally and culturally diverse communities. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage tasks simultaneously and demonstrated success in a demanding, metrics-driven job.
- Meticulous organization skills and strong commitment to tracking community engagement and ensuring that data is reported quickly and accurately.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools.
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience with direct community outreach, online engagement tools and strategies.
- You have experience freelancing.
The base salary range of this position is an annual rate of 75K-90K. Please note that this is base salary and does not reflect the total compensation package.
At Fiverr, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and embed it into every aspect of our workplace, from our community to our product. Fiverr is proud and committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, Fiverr will provide accommodation to individuals with disabilities or a special need.
Job posted: 2022-11-06