Community and Public Affairs Specialist II
Responsible for implementing community relations and employee engagement activities to promote the company as the best place to work and do business in the communities we serve.
• Participates in activities that promote company visibility, build a strong company image and increase public awareness and consumer propensity to do business with Cox
• Maintains public affairs sponsorships and cultivates key relationships in the community to support revenue growth
• Administers the Cox Charities employee giving program, engaging employees through fundraising, grant making, special events and communication tactics
• Coordinates charitable giving initiatives and programs in Oklahoma City metro. Collaborates with boundary partners (Cox Business, Cox Media, Marketing, etc.) to maximize marketing and sponsorship opportunities ultimately building brand image for Cox in Oklahoma City metro.
• Coordinates board engagement program for Cox leaders in Oklahoma City metro.
• Represents Cox through participation in in community, civic, and business organizations.
• Establishes, supports, and leverages positive company relationships to grow the business. Contributes to and supports communications plans for traditional print, digital and social media to promote and support Cox’s community relations and educational activities
• Coordinates employee engagement opportunities activities
• Supports internal employee groups such as the diversity council, employee engagement teams, employee resource groups (ERGs) and other committees
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, Communications, etc.)
• 5 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, etc.), 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
• Demonstrated history of civic or community involvement
• Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a state-wide, cross-functional team
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high change environment
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• Layout and design experience; knowledge of programs such as Photoshop and/or Illustrator
• Experience planning and executing events
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-08