Community Relations Advisor #21-57396
Join SoCalGas today and share our vision of becoming the cleanest natural gas utility in North America. Headquartered in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, we deliver affordable and increasingly renewable energy to 22 million customers across central and Southern California.
Manages $9M+ charitable budget and overall tracking, analysis and provides budget forecasts. Responsible for defining and managing new grantmaking process and tracking a new $5M community foundation fund through a secondary system. Provides research, recommendations and manages community relations projects and initiatives, such as the regional public affairs and employee scholarship programs. Provides leadership, training and expertise in managing the SoCalGas charitable system (“BBGM”) for all BBGM users, and is the liaison with Sempra for this and/or new Sempra-wide systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages $9M+ charitable budget and oversees ~1000 grant application and processing of grants to more than 950 organizations. Provides independent analysis, budget projections, recommendations and prepares various budget reports for data requests and others. Provides analysis and reporting for Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting to Sempra. Will now be responsible for defining and managing a grant process with a new $5M community foundation donor advised fund, including tracking and reporting impacts to Sempra and other stakeholders.
- Provides research, recommendations and manages community relations projects and initiatives, such as the regional public affairs and employee scholarship programs. Recommends and sets program parameters, oversees program implementation; manages nonprofit partner who executes the scholarships.
- Provides leadership, training and expertise in managing the SoCalGas charitable system (“BBGM”) for all BBGM users, and is the liaison with Sempra for this and/or new Sempra-wide systems. Provides analysis and recommendations for process improvements to managers and system users.
- Manages employee volunteerism strategy and maintains active relationships with internal employee volunteer base. Supports employee engagement events and initiatives and represents department through various internal or external speaking opportunities.
- Is SoCalGas representative and subject matter expert to Sempra in defining grant impacts, tracking and reporting, and advising on grant application fields to collect the data we need.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or training is required.
- 3+ years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires strong data management, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Must posses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact independently with all levels of management and non-management.
- Proficient in data collection, with statistical, analytical and written skills.
- Strong computer skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of BBGM and SAP is desirable.
Benefits We Offer:
SoCalGas offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits program to help support employees both personally and professionally. These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision packages
- 401K company match
- Pension Plan
- Tuition / education reimbursement
- We also offer tools and resources through SoCalGas University, our career development center.
Job posted: 2021-01-13