Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Community Relations Associate Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world’s most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world’s most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:This Community Relations manager is responsible for developing and executing the RMS charitable donations and employee engagement strategy, aligned to the specific needs of our business and the communities we serve. This individual will:
• Develop stakeholder engagements and partnerships that maximize Lockheed Martin’s abilities to deliver positive social impact and align key business priorities to corporate giving.
• Perform research, analyze grant requests for partnerships, make funding recommendations, and interact with non-profit organizations.
• Engage internal partners in strategy development and outreach activities to ensure integration and alignment.
• Establish and maintain relationships with customers and constituent colleagues to provide Director of Social Impact and staff with situational awareness, background, and counsel on relevant issues, and maintain strong relationships with partners.
• Manage one direct report, coordinate across our line of business Communications teams and serve as the RMS representative on the enterprise Social Impact Council.
• Manage, assess and prioritize the philanthropic budget.
• Energize employee and executive volunteerism and engagement with RMS and enterprise-level employee programs.
• Facilitate internal governance groups chartered to oversee charitable contributions;
• Develop and maintain performance measures to inform senior executives on social impact.
• Assist in leveraging internal and external communications channels to increase awareness and understanding of social impact outcomes.
**Job location: any RMS site, including Orlando FL, Moorestown NJ, Manassas VA, Stratford CT, Owego NY, Syracuse NY, Littleton CO, Colorado Springs CO, or RMS HQ in Bethesda MD
• A minimum of nine years proven ability to develop and implement strategy-based community relations efforts and budget with measurable social impact
• Familiarity with community outreach and support programs
• Strong relationship building skills and ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of employees and leadership
• Motivated self-starter who performs without appreciable direction
• Experience leading people and/or teams in a geographically dispersed environment
• Executive presence; confident representing Lockheed Martin within the community
• Strong interpersonal communications skills
• Full Spectrum Leadership characteristics
• Experience managing large budgets
• Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Experience developing and implementing strategic and tactical-level communications plans
• Ability to work well under time constraints, multi-task and prioritize with a varied and heavy workload
• Knowledge of tax and legal requirements associated with corporate philanthropy
• Understanding of financial management, budgeting, reconciliation, Patriot Act and international compliance
• Agile mindset that can operate from strategic to tacticalOther Important Information You Should KnowExpression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $84,200 – $140,400 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4×10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: NoneLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-22