Community Relations Manager
The Community Relations Manager will be a key member of the Prologis workforce programs and community Relations team. Reporting to the Vice President of Workforce Programs and Community Relations, this role will work cross-functionally to help develop and implement strategies for Prologis’ that drive positive internal and external impact through a broad range of approaches including philanthropy, community engagement, and public affairs to achieve organizational strategies. This role will help strengthen strategic initiatives, processes and culture to champion and coordinate companywide strategies to community relations and be a critical partner in the deployment and expansion of the Community Workforce Initiative. The Community Relations Manager will help lead the development of a central platform to standardize community engagement and deepen relationships with communities, municipalities, state governments, and various critical stakeholder groups across targeted markets.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Support the implementation of the Prologis Community Workforce Initiative, a global effort to train 25,000 logistics workers by 2025.
- Support the development of community relations strategy and communications both internally and externally in accordance with Prologis’ corporate strategy
- Partner with various internal and external stakeholders to regularly improve strategy and goals, ensure progress, and support various initiatives and activities including extensive project management
- Support the development of partnerships and strategic relationships in with key external stakeholders in markets to support competitive strategy
- Collaborate with communications and marketing teams to promote community initiatives to stakeholders, including potential and current team members, customers, and the community at large through various communications channels
- Formulate and execute a proactive community engagement strategy and engage both internal and external stakeholders via various communication platforms to better fulfill the Company’s responsibility and enhance its stakeholder relationships
- Act as an effective spokesperson and representative of the Prologis family with respect to CWI, community, government, regulatory and political matters
- Identification, research, analysis and engagement (in conjunction with relevant Prologis business partners) on selected global, federal, state, and local governmental, regulatory and political issues
- Support legal group, compliance, risk management, the office of the Chief Legal Officer and other internal stakeholders as needed
- Work with investor relations, corporate communications, and marketing to deliver the message of the Company’s commitment to stakeholders and ensure our messaging is consistent across business units, the Company’s global footprint, and throughout other corporate communications
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Minimum 5-7 years of work experience in relevant community relations, ESG, social responsibility, or economic development roles
- Proven experience in designing and implementing community relations initiatives
- Experience in program and project management
- Excellent writing and communications skills-very strong presentation development skills required
- Experience in workforce development and community-based programming
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Understanding of the broad set of issues and concerns of municipalities and states as it relates to commercial development
- Experience in developing and executing to project plans and budgets
- Excellent change champion and leadership skills
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Well organized, disciplined, and a self-starter
- Exhibits a strong drive for results
- Ability to make independent decisions with initiative and tact
- Ability to effectively interact with people at all levels and locations in the organization
- Ability to gain followership and lead teams through influence
Target base compensation range of: $84,000-105,000, plus bonus % target to be discussed during initial phone interview.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vison insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
Visit our Careers page and apply directly here: https://prologis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Prologis_External_Careers/job/Dallas-Office/Community-Relations-Manager_R2275-1
Job posted: 2021-01-05