Community Relations Manager
Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Community Relations Manager Position
Sunnova is looking for a Community Relations Manager to help the Company maintain and nurture relationships within the communities we serve across the United States and beyond. This role will work cross-functionally to develop and implement strategies for Sunnova that drive positive internal and external community impact through a broad range of approaches, including philanthropy, community engagement, and corporate social responsibility. The Community Relations Manager will ensure the exceptional roll-out of programs and initiatives to build relationships and raise the external profile of Sunnova. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, this role will coordinate company-wide strategies for community relations, strengthen ongoing strategic initiatives, processes and culture, and be a critical partner in the deployment and expansion of Sunnova’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy.
Our ideal team member will have the ability to foster positive relationships with both individuals and organizations including prominent members of the community, key individuals, and other organizations both locally and nationally; the Community Relations Manager will serve as a key point of contact for businesses, institutions, and communities.
Community Relations Manager Responsibilities
- Formulates and executes a proactive community engagement strategy and engages both internal and external stakeholders via various communication platforms in support of the Company’s goals and its stakeholder relationships.
- Organizes community outreach programs and coordinates special events that promote products, services, or ideas for Sunnova.
- Collaborates with communications and marketing teams to promote community initiatives to stakeholders, including potential and current team members, customers, and the community at large through various communications channels to enhance the public profile of Sunnova.
- Attends relevant events and activities to represent the company and build strong relationships with key community members.
- Leads/coordinates employee volunteer efforts with community organizations.
- Responds to inquiries from community members and other interested parties; as needed, recruits a knowledgeable spokesperson or information source to assist.
- Builds cross-functional relationships within the company and works within public company expectations, guidelines, and regulations
- Creates and manages a dedicated budget for community engagement events and programs.
- Supports ESG or community initiatives through government programs and related sponsorship/fundraising.
- Education required: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum years of experience required: 5-7 years of work experience in relevant community relations, ESG, social responsibility or economic development roles, with at least 2 years working within a publicly traded company
- Previous experience in energy is a plus
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact, kindness, and professionalism
- Highly organized and works with close attention to detail
- Open office environment in Houston office
- Estimated travel time: 10-20% outside of Houston
- Houston, TX
- Relocation assistance is available dependent on the candidate
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston; discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-17