American Physical Therapy Association
Leads, manages and provides strategic direction to the grassroots and assists with congressional and political affairs on issues relating to congressional, grassroots, and political affairs and efforts to implement the Association’s public policy priorities. Responsible for leading member education and engagement on grassroots and policy issues. Primary staff liaison to key contacts, federal affairs liaisons, and PTeam. Acts as a representative of the Association in lobbying, member relations, strategic alliances, and policy development initiatives to advance physical therapy. Provides member service, outreach, and education on government affairs and public policy issues. Assists with budgeting and daily operations related to grassroots. Assists Director of Congressional Affairs in administrative activities associated with APTA’s political action committee
• 4+ years’ experience in legislative, political affairs, and grassroots or acquired experience in formulating and advancing federal legislative and regulatory policy
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent related experience
• Knowledge and experience in federal election laws and compliance, communication and volunteer management experience, and grassroots programming preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Strong computer/database experience required
• Strong presentation/public speaking and professional writing skills
• Ability to represent Association and present to a variety of external audiences and stakeholders.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Job Posted: March 22, 2017