Congressional Analyst, NGB-LLS
Provides real-time, informed, decision support to leadership and congressional activities personnel at the federal level.
- Provide legislative training to officers, congressional fellows, and other staff personnel as duties are assigned.
- Provide in-depth analysis of annual authorization and appropriations bills, National Guard, Veterans, and Homeland Security related legislation and proposals, procedural resolutions and publications and provide the analytical tracking tools necessary to convey the information continuously.
- Provide continual support to division leadership in business process evaluation, design and implementation.
- Provide U. S. Code research products and comment for legislative initiatives.
- Monitor Congressional Record, GPO publications, and media for National Guard related information and provide written information updates as required.
- Build, administer and advise LL plan for legislative strategy, engagement strategy, and congressional hearing preparation.
- Provide election, biographical, and issue-centered reports and analysis on Congressional members and prospective members in various forms including standard leadership bios, the database model, and voter trend assessments.
- Respond to information and analysis requests from NGB directorates and divisions, professional legislative staff members, liaison officers and leadership as required.
- Prepare Division input for Leadership briefings/prepare briefings.
- Design and continuously redesign information display products to be simple, effective, accurate, and user friendly.
- Provide daily political information updates using the web site model to include upcoming, present, and past hearing information, transcripts, new and developing legislation, legal impacts, projected trends, research tools and status’ and Executive actions.
- Provide location independent database application for Member information and labeling. (dependent on PA database server).
- May perform other duties as required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-08