Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Position: Congressional Associate
Location: Washington D.C.
Status: Exempt; full-time
Reports to: President
PNPI’s congressional associate will manage the design and implementation of the organization’s Congressional programming. They will also perform research and writing tasks related to those programs and help to maintain PNPI’s library of postsecondary research and readings.
The position includes health benefits. The pay range for this position is $50,000- $65,000. Compensation level is dependent on skill set including past work experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
· Manage the design, development, and implementation of Congressional events (seminars and briefings).
· Contribute to federal outreach efforts.
· Assist with evaluation of Congressional work.
· Regularly update and edit current postsecondary factsheets and primers.
· Manage archive of postsecondary reading lists.
· Help respond to research requests from congressional staff, media, and outside groups.
· Special project assistance as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
· Knowledge of federal postsecondary policy issues, specifically federal student aid.
· Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
· Project management experience.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Proactive, exceptionally organized, and task-oriented.
· Extensive knowledge of internet search engines, Dropbox, and Google applications.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
· Degree in education or public policy preferred.
· Strong communicator.
· Values working on a small team.
· Extremely well organized & detail-oriented.
· Strategic thinker.
· Ability to keep cool under pressure.
· Strong “people” skills.
· Willingness to “pitch in” to get things done.
· Ability to work on tight deadlines.
· Committed to the vision and values of PNPI.
COVID-10 Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, PNPI requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to Apply
Resume and cover letter summarizing your interests and qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Please state “Congressional Associate: PNPI” in the e-mail subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PNPI provides professional development to current and prospective policymakers who work on federal higher education issues. PNPI is an independent 501(c)(3) charity that is a 509(a)(3) supporting organization of the New Venture Fund. PNPI’s work supports NVF’s mission to achieve a healthier, more equitable world through a range of innovative projects spanning diverse issues, including global health, conservation, public policy, disaster recovery, education, and the arts.
The New Venture Fund is recruiting individuals to work for NVF and further its mission by serving as dedicated staff of PNPI. The New Venture Fund and PNPI are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Job posted: 2022-01-10