Job Summary And Essential Functions
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Based in Washington D.C., the Congressional Liaison will be responsible for developing and managing relations and collaboration with federal legislators and regulators who make legislative and public policy decisions. The role will require the successful candidate to engage federal legislators, staff, and regulators, in close collaboration with internal colleagues to support Regeneron’s public policy and legislative initiatives and goals.
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for outreach and maintenance of relationships with key federal legislators and regulators. Develop professional relationships with federal legislators, regulators, and staff to enhance understanding of and support for public policies that promote discovery, development, delivery of access to innovative medicines. Scope of duties will also include advocacy in tax and intellectual property issues.
- Maintain dialogue and discussion with key federal Members, regulators, and staff regarding key public policy and legislative priorities; collaborate with internally and externally in support of public policy initiatives and legislation that enhance innovation, affordability, and access to innovative medicines.
- Work with federal and state public policy and government affairs team to identify potential allies and opportunities to partner with organizations that have synergies with Regeneron’s public policy objectives. Liaise and partner with other key company colleagues and departments to ensure alignment and advancement of Regeneron’s business and patient-focused objectives.
- Advance Regeneron’s legislative and public policy priorities. Work with Policy and Stakeholder Engagement leads to help Regeneron departments and groups understand, react, and incorporate changing legislative and policy landscape into business and corporate goals.
- Work with relevant functions to develop materials and policy materials to support common goals.
Experience and Required Skills:
- High level of energy and passion for public policy, government affairs, patients, innovative science, biotechnology, and public health.
- Knowledge of government affairs, public policy, and patient, provider, and health care organization community.
- Knowledge of health care system and key policies relevant to biopharmaceutical sector.
- Successful working collaboratively and within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
Minimum Years Of Experience
- 6+ years of experience in or with Congress, regulatory body, policy advocacy organization, or government relations.
- Experience with federal legislators and regulators.
Minimum Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-15