Congressional/Public Affairs Analyst
Strategic Insight is actively seeking a Congressional/Public Affairs Analyst to support our DoD client with legislative affairs for acquisition and program management support to the client at a site in the SE Washington, DC area.
Position with be a hybrid of company/client (as applicable) site work and telework. It is anticipated that company/client site requirement will increase as operating restrictions are eased. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
Strategic Insight, Ltd., established 1985, is committed to sustaining excellence and quality growth across our workforce as we strive to improve our clients’ services and products. Strategic Insight staff members enjoy opportunities for growth and are provided with robust benefits from healthcare and 401K to merit bonuses. This position will give you the opportunity to make a positive impact within a collaborative team environment.
This position requires 43 hours a week at the Washington Navy Yard in routine 8-hour days within a 0800-1800 operating environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide program management support in areas of Communications and Legislative Affairs.
- Help develop and manage SharePoint pages, in coordination with a development team.
- Track congressional taskers as assigned by client and verify responses to the taskers are drafted in a clear and concise manner and shall identify any discrepancies for Program Office review and resolution.
- Develop and edit draft written materials (e.g., PowerPoints, speeches, letters) intended for dissemination to the Congress or public.
- Review and analyze news stories, congressional reports, and legislation to provide updates, synopsis and impacts to client.
- Support the Public Affairs team in advising the Program Executive Office Senior staff in Congressional Affairs.
- Prepare responses and briefing documents to include Requests for Information, Questions for the Record and Reports to Congress.
- Analyze and consolidate pending authorizations & appropriations, reporting requirements, and legislative language by producing and distributing a congressional budget matrix and a legislative language report.
- Coordinate annual budget briefs for multiple acquisition program offices to defend the funding request in the President’s Budget.
- Track budget appeals to be submitted to congressional committees to reverse proposed budget cuts.
- Assemble summaries, briefs, and transcripts for relevant congressional defense committee hearings and markups.
- Fulfill government and company regulations by drafting and submitting monthly financial and contractual data reports.
Success for working in this position requires:
- MS Microsoft skills are essential, especially SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have the ability to work both in a team environment and independently, and often under short, multiple deadlines.
- Familiarity with DoD, Navy and Congressional budget processes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 plus years work experience.
- Desired work experience in the Navy and specifically within Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA).
- Preferred work experience dealing with either the U.S. House of Representatives or the U.S. Senate or both.
- Experience in the DOD/DON public affairs area is a plus.
- Knowledge of DoD policies, NAVSEA policies and procedures preferred.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and you must be a US Citizen for consideration. Must meet eligibility for a government security clearance at the Secret level.
Strategic Insight, Ltd., established in 1985, is committed to sustaining excellence and quality growth across our workforce as we strive to improve our clients’ services and products. Strategic Insight staff members enjoy opportunities for growth and are provided with robust benefits from healthcare and 401K to merit bonuses.
Diversity: All staff members are expected to accomplish their work in a businesslike manner, and always be courteous toward all other staff members, clients, business associates, guests, and visitors. All staff members should be treated in a manner free from bias, favoritism, and any form of illegal discrimination.
Ethics: All members of Strategic Insight should be marked by a commitment to excellence, professional integrity, self-discipline and wise judgment. Our employees reflect this by attention to detail, comprehensive staff work, and honorable behavior.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Strategic Insight, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-17