CONSULTANT CIVIC & POLITICAL ENGAGEMENT
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Develops and implements internal and external civic and political programs that support building a company-wide political engagement network. Manages the federal Political Action Committee and provides support in managing the state PACs, including PAC engagement activities and PAC board management, developing strategies to increase state and federal PAC membership in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws. Responsible for raising employee awareness of key stakeholder issues and providing persuasive messages shaped around those issues. This includes delivering employee opportunities that foster an employee engagement culture by leveraging and aligning existing and new engagement programs. Assists and partners with corporate business units and the operating companies to raise awareness of company policy priorities.
- Serves as the focal point and catalyst for coordinated stakeholder political outreach programs and political awareness efforts. Responsible for compliance of the company-sponsored federal and state PAC programs. Identifies and develops internal and external relationships with trade and political associations in support of political engagement strategies. This includes partnering with internal employee network groups and other corporate areas. Must have a positive external presence to enable effective strategies.
- Works in partnership with communications, government affairs, human resources and external affairs to leverage company-wide engagement efforts. Where gaps exist, creates new programs to expand employee and stakeholder political outreach activities.
- Reports engagement results to the various business areas in a clear, concise manner to ensure success. Identifies trends and develops solutions to continuously improve employee engagement with PAC programs.
- Provides internal communication regarding key political, civic and company issues through employee events and channels such as newsletters and social media.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Communication, Political Science or directly related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external partnerships.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail orientation that includes strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency in implementing engagement strategies, event planning and fundraising.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO – Denver || CO – Denver; DC – Washington; MN – Minneapolis || United States (US) || Policy and Federal Affairs || 70435:Policy Development || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 9453
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
Learn more here
Job posted: 2017-09-19