Consultant | Public Affairs (Healthcare) | Strategic Communications
About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
FTI Consulting Brussels is looking for an experienced professional to add to our Healthcare and Life Science team. If you are looking to work in a dynamic and thriving sector team that crosses multiple issues facing the healthcare sector, then this is the position for you. Our Healthcare and Life Science practice in Brussels has been firmly established for several years with a range of clients across the pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences sector, and our ambition is to grow it further. FTI Consulting advises healthcare and life sciences clients globally in Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Corporate and Financial Communications, Investor Relations as well as Corporate Finance, health economics, Technology and Business Advisory.
As a Director in the Brussels healthcare practice, you will work on different client accounts, as well as lead some of these, guide junior colleagues and support senior colleagues in building new business opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver to clients: provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients, manage accounts on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with client groups. Own client relationships with limited senior supervision; creatively preparing and delivering the client programme.
• Build the business: seek out new business leads and work alongside other senior members of the team on business development activities such as pitch preparation and delivery.
• Team involvement: project line management for the team working on your clients and knowledge sharing and mentoring junior team members.
• Networking: proactively network with EU contacts and stakeholders as well as potential clients.
How You’ll Grow
You will have the opportunity to work in some of the most challenging and fascinating public policy issues currently being tackled in Europe, advising a broad range of clients in the Healthcare and Life Science sector. You will be part of a dynamic and multinational team of experts based in Brussels and you will be able to work closely with our international healthcare professionals in strategic communications, economics, corporate finance, forensic litigation consulting and technology. In addition, at FTI Consulting we take a very personalised approach to individual career development in combination with ample Learning & Development opportunities to help our people thrive in their roles. We are also avid supporters of Diversity and Inclusion and ensure all aspects of this and our broader values are embedded in our culture of entrepreneurialism, respect and integrity.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven skills in public affairs, advocacy, issues and reputation management across Healthcare issues.
• Excellent understanding and experience of working with policymakers and stakeholders in Brussels and in national capitals to further strategic objectives.
• Strong knowledge of the Healthcare & Lifesciences sector, regulation and policy discussions.
• Experience in-house, in a trade body, in a public institution, or advising clients on policy and communications issues.
• Good organisation and presentation skills with a keenness for client and project management.
• Excellent English with one or two additional languages preferable.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays and paid time off
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Free snacks and drinks
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-02