Consumer Communications Senior Associate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in a communications role
- Experience in the media sector working with print, online, and broadcast press/producers
- Ability to think fast, creatively, and strategically
- Ability to find unique stories to tell
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Desire to take risks
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders, devise specific communications materials and campaigns, engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers, and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a member of the YouTube Consumer Communications team, you will work to tell the stories of our YouTube creator community and YouTube trends, as well as promote brand and consumer moments plus live-events on platform throughout the year. You will work cross-functionally across Communications, Marketing, Partnerships, Product, and more.
You will help communicate pitches and projects with journalists and producers, devise specific communication materials and plans based on understanding of reporter’s interests, viral moments and/or consumer moments, plus develop creative ideas for both storytelling and taking creative risks. By finding unique story lines and building strong relationships with the press, your top goal will be to drive a steady drumbeat of positive YouTube coverage showcasing the best parts of our platform. In this role, you will be a great communicator who can passionately promote the magic of YouTube with a deep understanding of this landscape.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Build and manage strong relationships with consumer, tech, and entertainment press (e.g. online, print, broadcast, and podcasts)
- Work closely to both support and land press stories spotlighting our YouTube creators and YouTube trends
- Conceptualize and execute creative ideas that enable YouTube to lead news cycles around various consumer moments throughout the year
- Lead cross-functional projects, providing both strategy and creative ideas to proactively land news cycles, and feature stories showcasing the uniqueness of YouTube
- Support on-platform events, various partnerships, and multiple areas of the business ranging from trends to brand moments
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-12