Consumer and Product Communications Lead
Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
Nextdoor seeks a Consumer and Product Communications Lead to develop consumer and product PR programs to elevate the Nextdoor brand, while supporting Neighbor engagement and our global growth. This position will report to Nextdoor’s Head of Communications and will oversee Nextdoor’s consumer vertical as well as providing voice to Nextdoor’s mission to be the neighborhood hub for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. This leader will energize and motivate the Communications team and be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional product teams. You should have experience launching consumer products to trade and top-tier media and engage with key influencers to reach key audiences. Telling compelling stories around our most inspiring Neighbor stories and loved products will be a core part of this role.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead consumer communications, setting strategy to elevate Nextdoor as the essential local app and convey Nextdoor’s vision and value proposition across geographies through communications, partnerships and community led member events.
- Manage product launches and proactive media programs for Nextdoor products and initiatives.
- Cultivate and maintain deep relationships with business press, consumer media, key industry opinion leaders and external stakeholders.
- Develop and create a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, press releases, reactive statements, briefing materials for executives and more.
- Manage communications around high profile partnerships with brands, publishers and influencers.
- Drive growth and business goals in key regions working with growth, partnerships and local team.
- Ensure brand consistency at a local level by developing and executing messaging that is tailored to each market.
- Manage crisis communications – exhibit good judgment, have smart positioning, proactively prepare “battle plans” and be able to weather the storm and lead others under pressure.
- Build and support a team culture that encourages sound judgment and discipline when supporting the corporate narrative; guide the product teams to use this judgment when determining the communications endeavors that are additive and ones that are not.
- Serve as a senior leader in the company, interacting with the executive team and country managers across the world.
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of experience in communications
- Experience executing media campaigns, building relationships with media and working with executives
- Experience working with Consumer and Product PR
- Experience drafting messaging materials and working with cross-functional groups
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to leverage media campaigns and content creation to generate increased awareness for Nextdoor to a wide range of audiences.
- A global mindset and prior experience in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and use creativity to innovate in the new media landscape.
- Experience supporting product launches domestically and abroad.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-29