Content & Communications Specialist
About the role:
The Content & Communications Specialist will be responsible for researching, writing and editing B2B/B2C content to support marketing strategy & initiatives. With a combined mindset of marketing and writing, this person will have a natural ability to optimize content to drive demand and brand awareness among different audiences.
In short, we’re looking for a marketer who is creative, analytical, optimistic, productive, meticulous and can geek out on storytelling.
Experience and Skills:
Here’s what you’ll do at G&A:
- Research, write and optimize various types of content:
- that supports organizational marketing strategy & performance.
- that drives demand and engagement across multiple product lines and company initiatives.
- Use data-centric insights to continually refine content for improving KPIs and audience engagement.
- Copywrite with outstanding quality, cohesion and impact across all brand and client touch points from digital ads to case studies, blog to social media, email copy to employee benefit communications and more.
- Coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts for content research.
- Translate insurance-focused documentation and other highly technical content into conversational yet informative material that anyone can easily read.
- Write/edit collateral for consistency with company style and brand voice.
- Coordinate with the marketing team to maintain a social media & content calendar.
- Gain a deep understanding of G&A’s business, objectives and customer segmentation information.
- Juggle multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines and adjusting to shifting priorities.
- Assist and be a team player with other marketing projects and activities as needed.
- Can go from novice to expert on topics with efficient, targeted research. You thrive in both creative and analytical environments. You are comfortable working with everything from micro-copy to long-form white papers.
- Thrive on interpreting data to improve your content creation and performance.
- Exceptional storyteller, editor and content producer, preferably B2B content.
- Understand digital marketing and how to measure content effectiveness.
- A highly skilled writer and communicator and very detail oriented, with a clear ability to connect strategy back to the work.
- BA/BS in Marketing, PR, Communications, English, Media, Journalism, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of B2B content marketing or a combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Basic graphic design capabilities with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (knowledge of Premiere Pro is a plus).
Even better if you:
- Have experience with Salesforce and Pardot (or similar platforms)
- Know insurance, employee benefits or human resources
- Are familiar with SEO writing best practices (link building, content strategy, keyword research)
- Have experience publishing content in a CMS
- Enjoy event marketing
- Are a word nerd
- Are a Mac user
- 401k with Safe Harbor & Employer Match
- Vacation (Paid Time Off)
- Dental Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Health Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-16