Content Development Manager
The Content Development Manager position provides the subject-matter expertise to ensure effective storytelling execution that integrates Disney’s conservation, environmental, nature and animal stories across multiple platforms, including both social and traditional media. This position is responsible for ensuring the successful planning and integration of content which effectively engages internal and external audiences. The Content Development Manager will partner closely with both Public Affairs and Public Relations to align communications and publicity materials with the mission of Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners (e.g., Marketing, Public Affairs, Public Relations, Broadcast Production) to provide guidance and support in strategy positioning, and business case development.
- Manage internal business unit messaging and updates.
- Manage and maintain content and related assets housed in a variety of platforms, including setting up an asset library for future needs.
- Act as consultant, influencer and strategic thought partner to leadership and business partners to understand audience needs and proactively shape communications.
- Build internal and external relationships to help effectively share stories which position ASE as a leader in animal care within the zoo and aquarium industry.
- Develop compelling presentations and messaging for targeted audiences.
- Champion innovative approaches to storytelling and data visualization.
- Conduct research relevant to the industry as needed.
- Manage project timelines and proactively identify constrained resources, conflicting priorities and scheduling issues.
- Proficient in strategy development, planning and business writing.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in a communications field such as Public Affairs, Public Relations, Communications or related fields.
- Strong leadership, organizational and project management skills.
- Proven ability to influence leadership with a strategic and collaborative approach.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills.
- Strong consulting and client management skills.
- Ability to utilize interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships across the organization and navigate complex day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to work independently, balance multiple projects, meet deadlines and adjust to rapidly changing business environment.
- Proven self-starter, recognizing when projects need to involve multiple partners and decisions need to be made at other levels within the organization.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to foster and maintain strong partnerships across all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to develop engaging, accurate and concise visual and written content
- Previous Walt Disney World Resort experience.
- Experience sharing stories about the zoo and aquarium business.
- Proficient in utilizing computer design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Working knowledge of WordPress web-editing software.
- Working knowledge of Sharepoint.
- Computer proficiency in Apple products and software (i.e. Pages, Keynote, Numbers).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communication, marketing, public relations, environmental education or science, interpretation, psychology, zoology, biology, wildlife management, recreation, conservation, animal behavior or related field.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-24