Content & Internal Communications Manager
Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
We are looking for a Content and Internal Communications Manager to lead company-wide storytelling initiatives, and connect team members to Nuro’s culture, products, and vision.
Reporting directly to the Head of Communications, this role will be primarily responsible for creating and implementing our internal communications and content strategies and practices. This role will also lead social media strategy and support the overall corporate communications function. The right candidate is a fantastic writer and communicator, who will serve as an advisor to various leadership teams around employee engagement, internal messaging, content strategy, and internal/external comms.
About the Work
- Lead company-wide storytelling initiatives that connect team members to Nuro’s culture, people, and vision
- Develop and oversee Nuro’s internal communications program, managing communication and strategy for the company’s weekly All Hands, new internal tool launches, and individual roll-outs of initiatives across the company to support the people team
- Develop Nuro’s content and social strategy across all channels, managing Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Medium, and other publishing channels
- Write and manage key communications, including core messaging, talking points, internal articles, awards (related to internal culture), and company-wide emails/newsletters
- Partner closely with people, HR, and other internal teams to identify stories to elevate our brand and culture
- Proactively identify new opportunities and implement new processes that up-level our internal communications program
- Provide leadership and key employees with messaging, briefing docs, talking points, internal (and sometimes external) presentations that reflect Nuro’s voice, company values, and internal culture across all written and verbal communications
- Serve as a strategic advisor for key stakeholders and leadership team
- Implement a content calendar and other programs that map back to Nuro’s overarching brand and communications strategy
- Excellent writer both in business (e.g. press releases) and creative writing (e.g. blog posts)
- 4-6 years experience in a leadership communications role and internal communications with experience developing strategies
- Can take complex technical concepts and distill them into content that is easy to read and understand by the everyday person
- Flexible, self starter who can execute with little oversight
- Knowledge of the AP handbook
- Experience developing a comprehensive content strategy across multiple channels and creativity that generates engaging social content
Nuro is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-12