Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Content Manager, Events and Programming
Position Description and Basic Function:
The primary objective of this position is to contribute to the association’s education and non-dues revenue programming initiatives, with the events and programming department responsible for approximately 40% of AAFA’s revenue.
The Content Manager is responsible for managing high-visibility components of AAFA’s conferences, seminars, and webinar programs including in-person programs (presented domestically and internationally) as well as virtual programs and webinars – focusing on content and agenda development, speaker identification and management, pre/post, and on-site event coordination, and serving in lead and supporting role functions for specific events.
Establish and cultivate innovative content offerings for AAFA events that will help drive attendance and align with AAFA’s key priorities by:
- Developing strategy and execution plans for assigned education and industry programs across AAFA’s event portfolio.
- Keeping a pulse on industry news, used to identify hot topics, trends, and items of potential interest to members.
- Maintaining an understanding of the issues impacting the industry to accurately curate agenda content and identify relevant industry speakers.
- Working closely with AAFA’s internal subject matter experts to identify topics and speakers.
- Effectively collaborating across departments to enhance the association’s position as thought leaders and influential policy architects to develop superior programming.
- Managing a ‘Call for Speakers’ process for assigned programs.
Program Execution and Production
Deliver inspiring, well-executed programs by:
- Managing all aspects of speaker logistics, including the invitation process, preparation for programming, and collecting necessary materials, presentations, AV needs, and communication of on-site logistics.
- Hosting session planning calls with speakers to develop specific content and flow for assigned programs, keeping them on track with expected deliverables.
- Managing all agenda session details including scripting, prep calls, content timelines, rehearsals, and onsite experience through post-event follow-up.
- Working closely with AAFA’s Communications & Marketing team to increase the quality of event information shared by collaborating on marketing materials and collateral to ensure that program information is comprehensive, accurate, and timely.
- Creating, conducting, and analyzing post-event surveys to continually improve programming.
Events and Programming Support
Serve in a program support role for additional AAFA events and programs including but not limited to:
- Assisting with on-site event logistics.
- Managing the industry competition calendar.
- Serving as backup support to the Coordinator of Events and Programming for AAFA’s webinar program.
- Assisting in training new department staff in department protocols, database operations, and website.
- Leveraging project management software/digital tools.
- Recommending process improvements.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- College degree or equivalent years of experience. Five years of association and program planning experience.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership, with an ability to manage projects and clearly communicate your results back to stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and be a team player.
- Proficiency in MS Office, familiarity with membership databases (iMIS a plus), and/or a willingness to be trained in website management and registration systems.
- The position will require the ability to travel overnight, approximately up to 25 nights a year (travel could potentially include a weekend day and/or international travel).
- Ability to lift and move boxes onsite at events (up to 20 lbs).
- Knowledge of supply chain management in the apparel and footwear industry is a plus.
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) Plan with profit sharing
- Generous PTO and holiday time
- Regular telework flexibility (position requires at least one day per week onsite in DC); consideration for the position to be fully remote based on the right candidate.
Washington, D.C. (mix of telework and office days)
The salary range for this position is $75,000 – $85,000, based on experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attention Corinne Suder.
Job posted: 2023-09-12